Talk

Advanced search

If you have bedding that you love please share

(26 Posts)
twinklypearls Sun 12-Jun-11 22:50:18

We have downgraded to a double bed and therefore need to buy some new bedding. I wanted plain white but dp wanted a pattern, so we need to meet in the middle.

Vix1980 Mon 13-Jun-11 09:55:42

I got some amazing sets from tk maxx - there fenn wright mason and were £75 but got a king size bed set for £35, its hgh thread count so like im sleeping on a cloud now too!

twinklypearls Tue 14-Jun-11 18:31:42

I will have a look in TK Maxx at the weekend, thanks.

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 14-Jun-11 18:37:38

i got plain dye crisp cotton bedding - 2 sets - in plain cream. you can pick up plain dye anywhere - dunelm, next, tesco - anywhere.

then i went to Dunelm Mills and bought the most gorgeous large throw - it completely covers the bed to the floor, so the bedding was cheap and doesnt have to be replaced when we redecorate but we just change the throw.

i also got some cushions for the bed. it looks fab. i love it.

Dunelm are cheap and do a massive range of lovely luxurious throws.

i redecorated the bedroom in green and brown, all on a shoe string budget and most of it from dunelm - it looks so luxurious and i love it!

twinklypearls Tue 14-Jun-11 18:39:09

I may try suggesting that to dp, plain bedding with a throw, good idea.

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 14-Jun-11 18:44:27

The John Lewis sale starts next week, they always have lovely lovely things...

twinklypearls Tue 14-Jun-11 18:45:18

I didn't know that, I may pop to John Lewis as well.

TattyDevine Tue 14-Jun-11 18:47:12

The Sleep Room have the most amazing [http://www.thesleeproom.com/products/bed-linen-bundles Lazy Linen]]

Perfect for summer, so crisp and cool...

TattyDevine Tue 14-Jun-11 18:47:34

Buggered the link up oops

gettingolderbytheday Tue 14-Jun-11 18:53:57

Dunhelm have high thread count linen (400) now with 20% off, which is cheap for the hotel quality www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/bedding/bed-sheets/?ref1=1|Thread count|400

twinklypearls Tue 14-Jun-11 18:55:35

Thankyou so much, are you all on agreement with me that white bedding is the way to go. DP may not want to disagree with the whole of MN!

bluebump Tue 14-Jun-11 19:00:27

Dunelm have a sale on at the mo, I saw some lovely bedding there at the weekend.

gettingolderbytheday Tue 14-Jun-11 19:01:48

And these are lovely too but a bit more expensive. The quality is wonderful and they will last for ages - you'll probably get bored with them eventually but they'll get better with time as they wash well, they might be in the sale next week so its worth waiting to see
www.johnlewis.com/27968/Product.aspx

WowOoo Tue 14-Jun-11 19:02:47

Lulu and Nat do nice ones. Pricey but so so beautiful and comfy.

gettingolderbytheday Tue 14-Jun-11 19:03:53

Sorry, forgot the important point - note the JL one requires minimal ironing which is vital in high thread count bedding!!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 14-Jun-11 19:56:13

We have white company 300tc westbourne and 600tc square pillows and it's lovely. I iron it though. Their sale will start soon I think about a weeks time.

Dh didn't want White but he loves now and I can bleach any stains out.

Patterns fade I washed our last set in woolite and it still faded on the line.

HeavyHeidi Tue 14-Jun-11 20:03:10

I have 1000 tc from King of Cotton and I adore it.

www.kingofcotton.co.uk

lucyspangle Tue 14-Jun-11 20:04:20

Agree TK Maxx for bargain duvet set then splash the cash on a classy throw.

TattyDevine Tue 14-Jun-11 20:04:49

I second white. You can always add splashes of colour or even patterns to it with a bed runner, or an overthrow that has been folded into a strip and decorative cushions, with the added bonus that you can change those accents if you redecorate the room or change your mind. But there is nothing like crisp white bedding, and its true you can bleach out stains and indeed you can add a bit of bleach to the wash to keep it sparkly white over the years - literally it lasts years and years.

I've got the White Company waffle one as one of mine and I've had it years and years and I have bleached it. I had a disaster where I'd dyed my jeans indigo in the wash using dylon to refresh them and the colour had got caught in the rubbery bit round the door. But I didn't realise it until I dragged the super heavy wet White Company duvet cover out and it sort of dragged the rubbery bit apart, depositing jeans dye on it! Arghrr. So I dried it, splashed just household chlorine bleach over the dyed bits (nothing to lose here people!) and it was as good as new after another wash and dry.

Bloody Dylon.

Pair of jeans £40
Dylon jeans dye £5
Damage done to clothes and bedding when the effing stuff gets caught in your washing machine priceless angry

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 20:13:20

I like white company bedding too.
A lot little cheaper though, muji bedding is great, really nice and soft, long lasting, washes well, nice muted colours.

twinklypearls Tue 14-Jun-11 21:52:05

The fading is a good point, our current set has faded.

I am not sure if we can stretch to white company but if there is a sale on.

I love the Jl bedding linked to above, although it is very similar to some bedding I was bought as a wedding gift with my ex husband.

Thankyou so much ladies.

overthemill Tue 14-Jun-11 23:38:14

i love crisp white bedlinen or conversely, designers guild! Try to only buy either from tk maxx when they have really good stuff. My friend who runs a hotel swears by king of cotton

HappyAsIAm Wed 15-Jun-11 09:19:46

Venetia in champagne colour from Laura Ashley. Washed loads and still crisp and fab.

HappyAsIAm Wed 15-Jun-11 09:23:01

Banging on about Laura Ashley now, but they do lovely throws in lots of colours and styles. They are reduced by anything up to 50% on a good day too.

aquavit Wed 15-Jun-11 10:50:00

I love our White Company bedlinen, it has all washed very well. I like about 200 thread count for duvet covers and top pillows ie not too slippery. For sheets and under-pillowslips I have some 500 thread count stuff from debenhams - I pick it up when they have one of those 20% off days - much cheaper than posher brands and it has lasted well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now