Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Shoe keeper ons

(5 Posts)
monkeysmama Sun 12-Jun-11 22:01:24

I have a beautiful pair of heels I need to wear on Saturday. They're a tiny bit too big mainly because I have flat thin feet. Any brilliant products to keep the shoes on?

TIA

MisSalLaneous Sun 12-Jun-11 22:15:10

Marking my place as would love to know too. I've got two pairs (same shoe, different colour) that I cannot wear, as they keep falling out, even though they're not too big. Those heel grip things made no difference.

I guess if your shoes are just too big you could try it though?

OllieinOrange Sun 12-Jun-11 22:20:14

Hi MM. I have a 'don't buy' tip too! I have a pair of shoes that I brought despite them being too big (shock). Sales assistant recommended those stick on-heel grips - but they don't work me and only ladder my tights as the corners have curled up and stick. Would thin/thick insoles do the trick?

canyou Sun 12-Jun-11 22:25:26

www.drscholls.com/drscholls/productSearch.do?method=doProductDetailsLookup&searchArg=67 If the shoe is not to loose I stick this onto the heels and it does help

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 13-Jun-11 11:21:55

Half insoles that you put in the front of the shoes. I also have flat thin feet, particularly thin at the front, and they do help. You can get leather ones (I usually get them from a shoe-repair shop or counter) and see-through gel ones. The good thing about the latter is that they're a bit squidgy so help with the soreness in the balls of the feet that you get with heels. Boots do them – think they have their own brand and also do Scholls or similar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: