Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Estee lauder perfumes

(20 Posts)
pink4ever Sun 12-Jun-11 15:58:35

I have used Beautiful for daytime and Youth dew for special occasions for years. I usually buy the summer version of Beautiful but they seem to have discontinued this and I dont like the sheer version as much.
Had heard good things about their Bronze Godess scent but when I tried it didnt rate it and only lasted five minutes.
Has anyone tried any of their other perfumes?. I like strong scents with last all day(which is why have stuck with estee lauder in the past) but also want something a bit more summery.

methodsandmaterials Sun 12-Jun-11 16:11:53

Tuberose and Gardenia is from Erin Lauder's collection. I don't think I'll ever stop wearing it.

AandK Sun 12-Jun-11 16:19:10

Pleasures is one of my all time favourites and I'm sure they've brought out a summer version of pleasures too smile

notsogoldenoldie Sun 12-Jun-11 17:34:15

White Linen is really nice for day.

itstheyearzero Sun 12-Jun-11 18:37:25

Sensuous Noir is gorgeous, it lasts all day, and I just love it!

ENormaSnob Sun 12-Jun-11 18:43:16

I love pleasures and it lasts ages.

emsyj Sun 12-Jun-11 20:05:52

Agree White Linen is lovely, also White Linen Breeze is very fresh and summery but it doesn't last as long.

Cinnabar is nice but more eveningy. Worth trying if you like Youth Dew.

Have you tried Knowing? Really unusual but gorgeous, nice for either day or evening.

2cats2many Sun 12-Jun-11 20:07:43

I love Knowing. I never smell it in myself when I wear it, but it always smells gorgeous on other people.

emsyj Sun 12-Jun-11 20:21:30

Chanel Eau de Parfums last really well. I like to be able to smell my perfume and go for strong stuff too!!! Have you tried any Chanel ones? Allure is probably the most 'daytime' one.

Am all excited by the perfume talk now - as we seem to have similar taste, try:

Lolita Lempicka (in the lime green box, purple bottle shaped like an apple)
Dune from Dior
J'Adore (Dior)
Angel by Thierry Mugler
Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood

emsyj Sun 12-Jun-11 20:22:15

Oh oh oh - and Coco Mademoiselle!!!! And the original Coco too.

<buys too much perfume>

unknownrebelbang Sun 12-Jun-11 20:29:24

I use White Linen, and have done for years.

animula Sun 12-Jun-11 22:18:08

I love tuberose and gardenia too. It's in the private collection series which, I think, has been rolled out to most department stores now. But you may have to ask the counter assistant to point you to the bottle.

as methodsandmaterials says, its come out under the direction of the daughter, and there are a number of "private collection" scents. "Private Collection" itself is Estee Lauder's fragrance, and is quite pine-y, quite vintage-ish - in a good way. Can't remember what the others are, because the t and g is my favourite!

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 12-Jun-11 22:22:00

pleasures is lovely. its my 'day' perfume! the original one though, not any of the other variations.

methodsandmaterials Sun 12-Jun-11 23:01:30

Has anyone mentioned Beyond Paradise? It's another favourite.

KurriKurri Mon 13-Jun-11 00:06:49

I wear Pleasures (the original) -I find it lasts really well, and I use it as daytime and evening perfume.

fraktious Mon 13-Jun-11 00:16:30

I have a tester of Sensuous which I really like.

OpusProSerenus Mon 13-Jun-11 00:20:41

I also love Knowing and Sensuous which the saleslady assured me was a similar type of fragrance but a warmer, more modern version

HappyAsIAm Mon 13-Jun-11 10:37:09

I've worn various Estee Lauder perfumes for years - my favourite is Pleasures (the original one), especially for summer. I like Sensuous too, but its more of a winter perfume to me.

I have recently bought Chloe (the original one) and that's great for sumemr. Doesn't last as long as the Estee ones, but very nice nonetheless and a nice change!

mumonahottinroof Mon 13-Jun-11 11:08:01

White Linen is gorgeous

Littlepumpkinpie Mon 13-Jun-11 11:36:48

I love Knowing my top Favourite and smell lovely on me unlike many that dont seem to stick

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: