Talk

Advanced search

Is this smart enough for a wedding?

(13 Posts)
palazzo Sun 12-Jun-11 14:51:19

Hi

I am going to a wedding next month. I don't really do dressy so want something I won't feel too self conscious in.

I saw this today and quite like it (I think).

I am a size 14 - big boobs (34G) and a bit of a mummy tummy. Will it look awful? Is it just wrong?

Oh gurus on S&B, I need your help please ...

hobbgoblin Sun 12-Jun-11 14:55:02

It's a lovely dress but large norks might not be great in it. Depends whether the lines draw attention to how much volume there is up there. Also, the size you'd need might be bigger than you need for lower half and that wouldn't work as it is fitted.

If the boob issue was sorted, you'd need spanx possibly to smooth tummy. There is no give in the dress there to speak of.

Could be great, but might not - you need to try it on.

palazzo Sun 12-Jun-11 15:01:25

Thanks hobbgoblin. Kind of what I thought. I think the neckline won't help but might order it to try it.

The only other thing I have seen is this. Not sure about it though ...

palazzo Sun 12-Jun-11 15:06:35

Oh, and I like this too - but really not sure about a maxi (I have read the threads on here ... smile)

MissBeehiving Sun 12-Jun-11 15:26:08

Prefer maxi for a wedding.

hobbgoblin Sun 12-Jun-11 15:29:06

The Maxi looks lovely. The other bravissimo is possibly erring on the side of frumpy due to length...

Gillybobs Sun 12-Jun-11 15:39:06

If you like Maxis (which I do) Ive just bought this its gorgeous on, really heavy weight jersey so skims and hangs beautifully. Nice thick straps to hide industrial strength bra. Im a 16 and have a DD bust and its sooooo flattering. 15% off code available too

PedigreeChump Sun 12-Jun-11 21:13:22

Hmmm on the hanger I like both the pepperberry dresses more than the first, but I think they would all need to be tried on to make a decent comparison. The stripey one could go either way I think...

palazzo Sun 12-Jun-11 21:54:37

Thanks all. How about this?

I really have no idea what style I want to go for!

AandK Sun 12-Jun-11 23:01:54

palazzo You're exactly the same size as me boobs and all and I wouldn't wear the 1st dress your boobs will looks huge. The diagonal stripes would just accentuate them. The maxi on the other hand is going to be a much more flattering dress, still showing the right curves but in a more elegant way all you need is wrap for your shoulders Xx

AandK Sun 12-Jun-11 23:06:09

The last one is nice too but you need the right accessories to make it less businessy for the wedding but at least you could definitely wear it again grin

chelstonmum Mon 13-Jun-11 09:02:15

I have the Kalliko dress.....still wearing it 26wks pg. I have HUGE boobs but it can be a bit baggy around the tummy, hence the preganancy dress.

I love the maxi, and think it would be lovely for a wedding, but could be worn again with flat sandals and a cardi for the summer.

palazzo Mon 13-Jun-11 13:07:22

Thanks all. Think you have convimced me to go for the maxi. Just need to 1) hope it looks OK on ... and 2) find accesories.

As you say, I can see myself wearing it throughout the summer if it's nice rather than sit in the wardrobe unloved (like all the other dresses I have bought for previous weddings and wouldn't dare wear now!)

Is it too much to ask for suggestions of shoes? I was thinking smart flip flip-y type sandal ones. Is that all wrong? Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now