Talk

Advanced search

Headband Around My Head - Am I Too Old Please?

(9 Posts)
MotherMucca Sun 12-Jun-11 10:14:55

It's a very delicate, thin band, with tiny white flowers. From Accessorize.

I'm 35, no wrinkles or haggardness (yet). I have got curly, shoulder length hair. I think it's fine, a couple of friends agree. But I have had wobbles of doubt (poor body image or summat).

What do you stylish types reckon? Ta.

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 12-Jun-11 13:40:31

Wear it. You like it, it's delicate, friends agree. Leave it at home if you're going to a job interview, though.

Karbea Sun 12-Jun-11 14:04:22

Umm, I dunno, I think they are really for early 20s aren't they.

Where were you thinking of wearing it?

MotherMucca Sun 12-Jun-11 17:40:01

Thanks CTA.

Karbea, I was afraid you'd say that (cries). I suppose I'd wear it to festivals and down the pub on a summer evening. Not for going round Sainsbo's/to the doctor/work!

willybreeder Mon 13-Jun-11 09:39:45

Wear it!!

Vix1980 Mon 13-Jun-11 09:42:32

Wear it, sounds nice actually, i have a friend whos knocking 40, she has just started her own business making crochet headbands for teenager types but insists on wearing them herself and they really look daft on her, we've all told her to stick to making them instead of modelling them, she wont though so we refuse to be seen with her till she stops!

Evizza Mon 13-Jun-11 10:04:50

Wear it !! I have just turned 34 and I wear one of THESE and I always get compliments.

kerstina Mon 13-Jun-11 10:11:21

Wear it if you like it why should we stop wearing what we like just because we are over 30 ! I wear tiny diamante flower grips and I have had compliments even though have read that you should not wear them if not young. Am sure some people just want us to wear grey and be invisible past a certain age !!!

MotherMucca Mon 13-Jun-11 14:02:26

My age-inappropriate headgear

Thanks all! <<Dons headband and prances with gay abandon>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now