Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is it worth buying summer clothes?

(9 Posts)
lupo Sun 12-Jun-11 07:32:21

Every year I unpack lovely little summer dresses and maxis and sandals which have been lovingly collected over the years.

Each year I hardly wear any of it because of the damm weather. Will wear it if we go abroad for a week, other than that there is hardly any opprtunity to do so.

This year I am resisting all the lovely summer stuff and not buying any more. Anyone else feeel the same or am I just being unreasonable?

cjbartlett Sun 12-Jun-11 07:38:21

I wear the same clothes all the year round
jeans pretty top, will buy mules orwedges
then wear cardi take it off if too warm
would never wear a maxi dress in a million years
would look like a curtain or a boat sail grin

BranchingOut Sun 12-Jun-11 07:38:51

I partially agree with you. Our climate is cool/cold for most of the year, so it makes sense to spend most of your clothing budget on winter clothes.

ALso, I don't think that summer clothes date as quickly as winter clothes. A white linen shirt one year is much the same as one the next year.

Decorhate Sun 12-Jun-11 07:49:34

I have almost given up on buying casual summer clothes. Went back to work recently & bought some summer work clothes but still haven't worn them...

Bunbaker Sun 12-Jun-11 09:52:53

We have arctic air conditioning at work, so wearing pretty summer clothes is a no-no because it is too flipping cold. What is wrong with opening a window instead and saving resources?

I have some lovely summer clothes that are years old and look as good as new because they hardly ever get worn.

lupo Sun 12-Jun-11 16:36:36

bump

thenightsky Sun 12-Jun-11 16:40:06

I've got loads of lovely summer stuff I dig out every May and wear each peice barely once or twice. Some bits get put away again in Sept having never been worn.

I too am not buying summer stuff this year.

EustaciaVye Sun 12-Jun-11 16:40:27

It is worth buying Summer clothes but not going mad on tat. Buy one or two nice pieces that CAN come out year on year.

usualsuspect Sun 12-Jun-11 16:41:22

I wear the same clothes all year, I just add more layers in the winter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: