Talk

Advanced search

Tummy shaping vesty type tops-where from?

(13 Posts)
Helium Sat 11-Jun-11 23:03:56

My tummy needs some help-so I;d like a decent shaping 'thingy' -I'm thinking like a vest top but with a cut out bit for the bra? Any recommendations?

twinklypearls Sat 11-Jun-11 23:16:12

I have some of these that are fab, although they have shorts attached. They transform my shape.

They have an opening at the gussett so you can wee, although it does mean you have to open the flaps ( of the suit not my fanny flaps), hover and wee with force.

I always get really nervous when I am out in public that I will get caught doing this strange weeing action.

toastandmarmiterocks Sun 12-Jun-11 00:10:48

Ha ha ha!! twinklypearls I've bought that for my brother's wedding, I had no idea about the opening, just checked it out. Might have to practice that one.

How about this one? No opening for the bra though.

twinklypearls Sun 12-Jun-11 00:25:52

It may not be an ultimo. But I paid about that price in Debenhams. I think it is good to have a cutout for your bra as otherwise they tend to flatten your boobs.

cardoon Sun 12-Jun-11 01:00:24

Primark

Helium Sun 12-Jun-11 07:51:42

Hmm - after something a bit more 'everyday' rather than the bodysuit thing - but thanks for the suggestion - (my head is full of some bizarre weeing scenarios now - although thinking about it you could use a she-wee to good effect whilst in that body shaper thing).

baguettecut Sun 12-Jun-11 08:00:57

The ONLY thing I rate from Primark are their tummy control vest tops -really ace, I think I have five. They come in black or white, aroumd £6 each.

chipstick10 Sun 12-Jun-11 08:58:41

In costco atm they have vests (with a nice lace frill round the bottom) that are tummy shapping but obvs you cant see any panel and so you can wear it on its own with jeans or layer it. They come in black, white, grey, and navy.

snailsontour Sun 12-Jun-11 15:58:28

I've also seen the vests in costco. I think they are £10 plus VAT and are made by Maidenform and are part of their 'flexees fat free dressing' range.

They also have leggings in the same range in grey, black and chocolate. I bought a pair of each and must say they are the best leggings I've ever bought - by far. They are more of a cropped style, but at 5'3" they sit a couple of inches higher than my ankle bone so are perfect on me.

Mumelie Sun 12-Jun-11 16:53:01

These vests from M&S are a great buy, dont roll up and can be worn every day. the bust bit is very soft and stretchy and does not flatten boobs (I am large chested and wear these a lot).

suzi2 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:36:35

I have the costco Flexees one and it's great. No complaints. Also plenty of room at the bust as it's not controlling and very stretchy.

Casmama Sat 30-Jul-11 21:43:22

I agree with the primark recommendation - you can't beat it for £6 and the material over the boobs is different so doesn't flatten them

lizardqueenie Sat 30-Jul-11 22:56:34

grin glad I read this thread just for twinklys review of the vest & shorts! Go on -write that on the debenhams review page, I dare you wink ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now