Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What to wear to the Royal Albert Hall

(6 Posts)
smaug77 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:58:05

Going to see Alicia Keys at the Royal Albert Hall. It is a works thing and we have a box. It is also on a Monday night. Having never been to a) a concert and b) the Royal Albert Hall.
What do i wear? Smart or casual?

101handbags Sun 12-Jun-11 01:18:10

Anything goes... but it gets really really hot in the Albert Hall during concerts, the air con is rubbish - enjoy!

Spuddybean Sun 12-Jun-11 02:06:45

i've always been really disappointed when going to RAH i have dressed up and others have been wearing jeans.
They were operas tho - not sure about alicia keys.
Just have fun tho...and is really really hot in there.

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 12-Jun-11 13:41:42

I'd agree with smart wear, especially if it's a work thing and a Monday night.

Meggles76 Sun 12-Jun-11 14:51:55

DH and I went to a concert there. There was everything from people in jeans to people in evening dress (it was an opera type thing). It was July when we went and I wore a mid length cotton dress from Monsoon with a wrap and heels. DH wore suit and open neck shirt.

seemsiwasntloved Tue 14-Jun-11 21:45:54

I have been to loads of pop concerts there. As others say - anything goes. I have worn jeans, cardi & boots, I have worn a dress with heels.

There is no dress code.

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: