Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is this outfit acceptable?

(11 Posts)
chardom Sat 11-Jun-11 16:08:13

Am going to an evening wedding reception next week and want to know if its okay to wear jeans with a smart top? Or should I make more of an effort?!

trixymalixy Sat 11-Jun-11 16:10:25

No, jeans at a wedding are not acceptable.

MissBeehiving Sat 11-Jun-11 16:10:59

No, jeans not OK for wedding reception however nice the top is.

NieuweBuurvrouw Sat 11-Jun-11 16:13:07

No, no jeans. Posh trousers if you don't want to go down the skirty route.

chardom Sat 11-Jun-11 16:33:52

Thanks for the advice! Hate wearing trousers out as I wear them every day at work so I dont feel any different if I wear them at weekend, even with a posh top! Might have to look for a skirt!

PedigreeChump Sat 11-Jun-11 16:47:28

I asked this question on a wedding forum once (about DH wearing jeans/short/blazer). Opinion was quite split but there were major fireworks along the way... better to be over-dressed and I'd go with a skirt or dress if I were you!

PedigreeChump Sat 11-Jun-11 16:47:59

aaah shirt not short

nancydrewfoundaclue Sat 11-Jun-11 16:50:07

Definitely not.

madammecholet Sat 11-Jun-11 16:58:50

Not jeans...shorts and blazer yes, with heels...

chardom Sat 11-Jun-11 16:59:23

Pencil skirt or a nice summery one then do you think?

SeymoreButts Sat 11-Jun-11 17:47:20

Depends, I wouldn't wear blue jeans, but I did wear cream skinny jeans and a coral top (from Reiss) to a wedding reception once.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: