Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Superga

(7 Posts)
2blessed2bstressed Fri 10-Jun-11 21:56:40

Just wondering if anyone can advise me on sizing for the classic plimsolls please? I can't find size 6 white in stock anywhere, although 5.5 and 6.5 seem readily available - could I get away with going up or down a half size, does anyone know?

Ambernj1 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:04:47

They don't actually do a 6, it's Italian sizing so 5.5 = 39 and 6.5 = 40 for some reason! I am a 6 and have 2 pairs of the 39s (5.5s) and they actually come up slightly big, but the 38s (5s) were just a tiny bit too small! Any way you could try them on instore? If not I'd go for the 39s, you can always us insoles!

HTH

LynetteScavo Fri 10-Jun-11 22:07:26

I bought my usual size on line, and they came up slightly big. But I think the smaller size would have been too small. confused

Much as I love them (I think of them as my tourist shoes), my converse are so much more comfortable, as if they were made for my feet. sad

2blessed2bstressed Fri 10-Jun-11 22:29:28

Thanks ladies, most helpful! I'm actually hoping that they'll be comfier than my Converse - I really like them, but they're not the best on my feet on a long day....want them for Take That in a couple of weeks smile
I live in the faaar North, and nowhere close stocks them - I do a lot of shopping online!

monkeysmama Fri 10-Jun-11 23:14:35

I find them far comfier than Converse. Can you order two sizes? They are very slightly large sizes as others have said. They're lovely. I've worn them since I was a kid and love the new expanded range. What colour you going for? The floral ones for £50 are lovely!

2blessed2bstressed Sat 11-Jun-11 00:17:45

Ooh, floral! Had planned on white or pink, but floral sound great. Think I'll order both sizes just in case smile

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 11-Jun-11 07:13:52

2blessed just wanted to pick your brains if you've done your research on prices for Superga - where is best to order them from? Ta.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: