Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

bumpy skin ! help!

(11 Posts)
porcamiseria Fri 10-Jun-11 21:43:38

I have some under the skin bumps on my face mainly on my forehead, I am well into my 30s so most definately not acne. I use good products and exfoliate but they are still there, just little bumps....any advice? any products? anyone!

nomedoit Sat 11-Jun-11 04:28:49

Hard to say without seeing it and being a doctor! But it could be keratosis pillaris. I have it, diagnosed by a dermatologist. The treatment is to exfoliate and moisturise and get a little sun. It is most common on the upper arms but I get it on my forehead as well. There is a moisturizer called Amlactin for it.

thumbwitch Sat 11-Jun-11 05:04:23

best advice is to treat from within - eat less refined sugar, fewer processed foods and drink less caffeine and more water. Increase your fruit and veg intake and go to the GP to see if you have folliculitis, which can be treated with topical antibiotics. If it is keratosis pilaris, diet changes can help - google it - you'll get some seriously OTT personal stories out there but the biochemistry is valid - reduce your sugar load and increase your antioxidants and fluid intake and it will help.

willybreeder Sat 11-Jun-11 08:25:51

There was a thread on here about treating Keratosis with 25% urea cream used in heel balm, that would be worth a try for your body (and I'm currently trying it)! but for your face I would try dermabrasion facials as they deeply exfoliate your skin.

Flakes Sat 11-Jun-11 12:12:30

Urea cream is flexitol. I had such success with it that I went to doc and got Eucerin 10% on prescription. Much less dense and greasy but great on legs and arms. I wonder could you mix some with your regular moisturiser for affected areas? Definitely worth consideration- can you tell I was blown away by the result? grin

LovelyDaffs Sat 11-Jun-11 12:50:48

Echo what others have said about the heal balm. DD1 is 11 and gets these bumps on her face and we both get them on our arms. The heal cream works every time, cheap as chips too.

sprinkles77 Sat 11-Jun-11 13:35:16

omg. I just seen this threat by accident. I have keratosis pilaris on the backs of my thighs. Never knew about the flexitol. And I use it on my feet! Putting it on NOW! OP, i had some bumps on my face. I mentioned it when I had a facial, the lady said I might be exfoliating TOO much and irritating my skin. I stopped for a week or so then started exfoliating just 1-2 x a week. problem all gone and has not come back after 6 months.

dottyaboutstripes Sat 11-Jun-11 13:48:02

I was told mine were due to a reaction to something I was eating. In my case, it seems to be fruit.

porcamiseria Sun 12-Jun-11 11:11:00

thnaks all! will try this heel crea,. diet..I know, i know!!! i live on bloody cards needs to stop now!

porcamiseria Sun 12-Jun-11 11:11:12

carbs not c ards!

MarmadukeMarmalade Sun 12-Jun-11 11:23:01

My daughter has this if she eats salmon, so could be a food reaction like Dotty said

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: