Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Relaxed summer wedding in South of France

(15 Posts)
LCRLCR Fri 10-Jun-11 21:32:52

I know - another MNetter needing your help for a wedding outfit! Wedding in South of France in 3 weeks - style is relaxed and summery says the bride who is 5'11", tanned and catwalk hot (jealous).

What's a pale irish woman 5'5" with varicose veins on the backs of knees and a post-prego flab to hide (but otherwise pretty slim). So a short short skirt is out, something colourful and cool for the hot weather. I tend to wear maxi-dresses casually so something different would be great or am open to a truly great maxi-dress. About £100?

Thanking you

FebreezeYourJeans Fri 10-Jun-11 22:58:32

I love this oasis dress

FebreezeYourJeans Fri 10-Jun-11 22:59:19

this is divine on, but perhaps a little too formal?

FebreezeYourJeans Fri 10-Jun-11 23:02:17

this is lovely, and there is a 50% code knocking around in S&B.

moragbellingham Sat 11-Jun-11 07:23:46

Biba - not S of F enough?

madammecholet Sat 11-Jun-11 08:49:30

have you seen get cutie dresses super flattering, they have two longer ones, Long Cap Sleeve Dress (I have the short version) and long strapless. I have the print red fan birds which is gorgeous (look on gallery for pics). I team with red killer heels and a red clutch..

Very summery, very unique and you can bet your life no one else will be wearing one...grin

CoteDAzur Sat 11-Jun-11 08:53:08

Where are you going LCRLCR?

I may be able to give weather & local style tips smile

blossoming Sat 11-Jun-11 09:52:59

vanessa bruno athe French at least.
or this? Different!

frillyflower Sat 11-Jun-11 12:17:46

Don't, whatever you do, wear polyester or any other sweaty man made fabric. Go for cotton, silk or linen.

pinkhousesarebest Sat 11-Jun-11 12:26:38

We were at a wedding in our very chic French village last weekend. There were no prints and colours were very muted, but accessories, especially scarves, were fabulous. Not much help, I know.

PlumSykes Sat 11-Jun-11 16:25:00

This maxi is gorgeous, and is half price in store, though not online.

LCRLCR Sun 12-Jun-11 17:21:55

ooh thank you some really great suggestions here. Loving the Get Cutie dresses madammecholet. Cote DH informs me it's not actually south of France at all but Burgundy region, near Bergerac. Still super hot I believe?

LCRLCR Sun 12-Jun-11 17:26:22

Oh wow I've just seen that Get Cutie is in Brighton where we live! Super a trip into town tomorrow me thinks!

AuldAlliance Sun 12-Jun-11 21:06:52

Bergerac isn't in Burgundy, though. Bergerac is SW, Burgundy is centre/east.

Bergerac will doubtless be hot in July, Burgundy possibly, but less predictably, so...

LCRLCR Mon 13-Jun-11 11:55:48

It is Bergerac, not Burgundy - seems like i don't listen to DH v well blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: