Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

In your hands - so dress this doll for a wedding please.

(9 Posts)
Regard Fri 10-Jun-11 17:16:30

Okay, so I'm not Barbie. I might be blonde but I haven't got her boobs. grin

I've gone through the wardrobe but nothing will do. The wedding is in a couple of weeks, registry office in the morning followed by champagne wedding breakfast somewhere posh (I'm the guest of the groom's brother/witness).

I'm size 12, 5 foot 4, much prefer cotton/linen/silk. I'm too old for anything too short (not that a wedding would be the place for a miniskirt, obv), happy with calf length but can't stand maxi dresses. Am generally to be found in either jeans and t-shirts or tailored skirt/trouser suits.

So, can anyone come up with any ideas please? Thank you.

herecomesthsun Fri 10-Jun-11 17:29:33

DIOR

cotton/linen

Damsel Lilly

Damsel Yasmina

5318008 Fri 10-Jun-11 17:29:36

budget please and can you do high street or would you prefer online ordering

TinyBubbles Fri 10-Jun-11 17:31:31

black and white
blue floral linen
black/pink floral
drapet champagne wrap
red one shoulder
navy satin

There are millions! What colours suit you, what bits of your body do you want to show off and which to hide? What's the budget??

Regard Fri 10-Jun-11 17:33:43

I can do either high street or online, love the Dior but can't justify the expense for a dress I'll probably only wear once or twice afterwards. Budget up to about £200 though cheaper is better!

Thank you.

Regard Fri 10-Jun-11 17:41:29

Oh I love the champagne one, Tiny, and like the blue and white shift too. I have to avoid man made fibres combined with tighter fits though so that counts out the champagne dress. I had surgery a few years back which screwed up my internal temperature guage and now I just get a rush of unbearable heat if I wear something like that. sad

Don't mind what I show off grin except midriff (I'm mid 40s so have to disguise that bit these days!). Greens, turquoise, deep pinks, black and cherry red (not bright red, ugh!) suit me or so I'm told.

You ladies are stars, thank you.

TinyBubbles Fri 10-Jun-11 17:54:52

green silk
blue silk
purple silk
violet silk
blue print silk

Regard Fri 10-Jun-11 18:13:29

Right, thank you, that's at least two dresses I'm going to buy. You're costing me too much money!

It's aaaages since I bought anything from coast. Last time I did IIRC a 12 was pretty much a 12 and the cut neither generous nor skimpy. Is that still the case please?

TinyBubbles Fri 10-Jun-11 18:24:06

I'd say so - which ones do you like?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: