Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What are the rules for toe and finger nail colours?

(10 Posts)
EustaciaVye Fri 10-Jun-11 12:28:13

I currently have very bright toes. My fingers dont need to match do they?

Meglet Fri 10-Jun-11 12:29:57

Same colours toes & fingers are boring IMO.

LadyInPink Fri 10-Jun-11 12:33:01

Are they both on show? Generally the brighter the finger polish the shorter the nail should be otherwise it looks vampish imo. I tend to go for a clear polish on the fingers if my toes are very bright or a simple french polish otherwise i try and match.

iEmbarassedMyself Fri 10-Jun-11 12:36:18

Same colour on fingers and toes can look co-ordinated, but it isn't a 'rule'.
I tend to put the colours that make me look awful (coral, atm) on my toes rather than my fingers, but that's my only personal rule.

EustaciaVye Fri 10-Jun-11 12:45:20

Thanks. Have put my fave colour on my toes but my hands are a mess tbh and wouldnt want to highlight them iyswim. Might stick to neutral for a while and if when i grown them go back to colour.

cybbo Fri 10-Jun-11 13:35:30

Don't wear pearlised nail varnish

that's the only rule anyone needs to remember

EustaciaVye Fri 10-Jun-11 13:46:03

grin cybbo

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 10-Jun-11 13:48:12

My only rule is Blue is Best but Purple will Do.

EustaciaVye Fri 10-Jun-11 14:34:53

Cant imagine blue nails. Have always gone for red or pink (dull I know), but never pearlised smile

BulletWithAName Fri 10-Jun-11 14:38:06

My nails are blue atm. I wear every colour (apart from yellow and of course pearlised grin)

Going to paint them mint green later methinks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: