Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

'Tash Removal

(9 Posts)
Mudwiggle Fri 10-Jun-11 12:05:20

Please come and share your 'tash removal secrets. I have always been a fan of boots own brand facial hair removing cream but suddenly it brings me out in big red blotches. So does nair.

It would appear I need a new hair removal method. Does anyone wax/thread? Is it more or less painful than eyebrows?

dottyaboutstripes Fri 10-Jun-11 12:38:40

I use Boots facial wax strips. easy and effective

thomasbodley Fri 10-Jun-11 13:10:29

Threading is the best. I've had everything over the years, including laser and electrolysis.

If you use a dab of baby oil all over the skin, it makes the threading much less painful. Be sure to wipe off the oil afterwards - you don't want spots where your tash used to be!

blabalalalablabla Fri 10-Jun-11 13:14:38

I have just mastered the art of threading and it is super easy, practically pain free and super quick.

I started a thread a few weeks ago - will try and find a link.

blossoming Fri 10-Jun-11 14:03:14

I use veet wax strips for face. Very simple, quick and easy (compared to bleach). Works better if you level the area with your tongue, as they have you do when threading.

MissBeehiving Fri 10-Jun-11 14:23:04

I use veet too and find it effective quick and painless smile

Mudwiggle Tue 14-Jun-11 10:29:46

I bit the bullet and tried waxing with veet y-day for the first time. Bloody fantastic. Thank you.

Mudwiggle Tue 14-Jun-11 10:31:28

Thomas & Blahbal - I would love be able to thread my own eyebrows though. I tried with normal thread, but it didn't pick up any hairs. Do you have special thread or a special technique?

Soups Tue 14-Jun-11 10:53:31

I use my epilator, 7681 Legs, Body & Face Wet&Dry

www.braun.com/uk/female-grooming/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-7/silk-epil-7-models.html

I put a little face wash on and do it in the shower, so it hardly hurts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: