Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

free reiss vest in elle magazine

(8 Posts)
cheesesarnie Fri 10-Jun-11 11:50:44

tis quite nice.3 designs,guessing 8 or 10ish,big on me but looks ok layered with another vest underneath.

HalfTermHero Fri 10-Jun-11 14:44:01

Agree it is ok, but I would guess it is more like a 12-14. I am tall, 8-10 and it is so low cut on me that I would not even be able to wear a strapless bra under it as the sides of the bra would show under my armpits. A bigger girl might not have this problem though. Shame as had it been cut a bit higher in the front then it would have been great value for the price of the magazine!

tulpe Fri 10-Jun-11 16:37:49

I bought it today - I got the blue version. I thought it would be ideal for putting over a bikini as a cover up or to under a loose fit top . Not sure I will wear it otherwise.

FrancesFarmer Fri 10-Jun-11 22:18:16

I read Elle every month so I will end up getting this vest.

As a freebie, it doen't make a great deal of sense because it probably isn't the best quality whereas the magazine itself doesn't really mention the cheaper/disposable end of the high street at all.

DotRotten Fri 10-Jun-11 22:19:31

Does it have "Elle" emblazoned across it?

MadameOvary Fri 10-Jun-11 22:25:24

I had a look in the shop and the fabric looks really nasty - the kind that shrinks really easily even on a cool wash.
Am biased tho, those freebie tops never look good on me, they are always designed for tall, slim and small of nork IMOE

MadameOvary Fri 10-Jun-11 22:25:42

IMOE?? IME!

HalfTermHero Fri 10-Jun-11 22:36:18

The vest is not worth buying the magazine for. I doubt I will ever wear mine as I pretty much always wear a bra and I can't wear one with the vest as it shows <<don't like the nipples on parade look and can't be doing with putting stickers on tits>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: