Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bag (yes, bags again!) Vote

(29 Posts)
polyhymnia Fri 10-Jun-11 10:35:32

I fancy, though can't really afford, both of these. In early preparation for a forthcoming birthday, which of these two:

www.lkbennett.com/bags/shoulder/BSANNINA253LEATHER in light brown or snake, or

www.peonyandmoore.com/product_info.php?cPath=0_10&products_id=136 in tan

do you prefer?? (I do know both have their champions!)

NieuweBuurvrouw Fri 10-Jun-11 10:38:51

The first one gets my vote.

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 10:50:42

Hi polyhymnia..OBVIOUSLY the 2nd grin

Gillybobs Fri 10-Jun-11 10:54:26

I'd struggle to choose between those tbh, at a push Id say the second

parroty Fri 10-Jun-11 10:57:09

second one definetly.

worldgonecrazy Fri 10-Jun-11 11:11:50

I think the second one looks a lot more expensive.

strictlysauvignon Fri 10-Jun-11 11:16:24

The price would do it for me -- the second one looks better and great value!

EldonAve Fri 10-Jun-11 11:21:40

first one

BulletWithAName Fri 10-Jun-11 11:33:17

Definitely the second one.

netbook Fri 10-Jun-11 11:53:47

First one, I always think that the Lucia is trying too hard to look like a mulberry

Ambernj1 Fri 10-Jun-11 12:06:09

Definitely the first one - I have it and I love it!!

polyhymnia Fri 10-Jun-11 12:33:35

Wow, this is getting confusing!

On Mulberry, have decided it probably isn't for me - yes, I do know that's heresy - mainly because of the 'goldness' of their metalware. Indeed, the metalware on my otherwise lovely Modalu Pippa in Shark is a little bright for my personal, perhaps idiosyncratic, taste. But madamecholet has assured me in past, I think, that the Lucia metal is not bling but subtle...

Amber , as you love it, presumably you find the Annina really easy to use (find things in, carry, etc) as well as looking good?

WowOoo Fri 10-Jun-11 12:39:01

First one looks much nicer to me. Plus it has a zip fastening for security. Can't see if second has zip or not but prob not.

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 13:05:28

polyhymnia indeedy, it has brushed brass fittings...not bling at all. I hate bling on a bag, blurgh. No zip, but the flap comes over the top and fastens with the clasp..

Tough decision tho....grin

Emo76 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:18:24

first one looks classier to me but depends on what you want it for - second one more casual but still nice!

Ambernj1 Fri 10-Jun-11 13:22:16

Yes I do, have several Mulberries, which are beautiful, but one of my main bugbears is I always seem to be rummaging in them to find something. The Annina is big enough to accommodate purse, keys, make up bag, assorted toy cars, wipes etc but not so big you lose anything.

I also have the Modalu Pippa, which I like a lot as the 3 compartments make organising my stuff a doddle, but I don't think it would stand up to extended everyday wear IYKWIM, whereas the Annina is fab quality and I think it would.

HTH

MisSalLaneous Fri 10-Jun-11 17:14:12

Both are really lovely. My vote goes to the Lucia, as not so keen on the slouchy look of the LKB one. Could of course be different in real life.

Btw, I found P&M's FB page better for detail (ordered one yesterday - I blame MN).

polyhymnia Fri 10-Jun-11 17:22:20

Amber just checked out Annina again at lunchtime and impressed you get all that in it, as it doesn't look huge, but nice and neat. If it's capacious too, so much the better! The one thing it lacks that I usually like is an outside pocket for Oystercard.

Still dithering between the two - I see there's another thread running featuring both these bags and both are lovely. Luckily can't afford either till birthday in 6 weeks or so.

Meanwhile, my lunchtime look at shops was rather blighted when I saw a Comptoir des Cotonniers bag I bought a few months ago reduced to half-price in the sale! Worth remembering if I'm tempted by C des C bags again. Obviously the Annina isn't in LKB sale though, and the new colour in the Lucia is hardly going to be on sale - though I think P and M do sometimes have discount offers, don't they?

Ambernj1 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:40:57

Yep currently harbouring all that crap vital equipment today, plus Kindle and bumper pack of Rennie (37 weeks gone) no trouble. I keep my oyster in one of the inside pockets and it is pretty easy access.

I will concede the Lucia is very nice but I already have a Roxanne and Roxanne tote so I think I've got the double front pocket angle covered. Would say the Lucia is potentially a more versatile 'everyday' bag, the Annina maybe has a bit more 'wow factor'.

Can't see either bag going on sale any time soon (LKB have just put the price of my gold one UP to £295, and Pippa M has been toting hers all over town) and if S&B is anything to go by the Lucia is selling well too!

Ahh, I love S&B can bore people witless waffle on about bags to my hearts content...

polyhymnia Fri 10-Jun-11 19:50:46

Well, you've summed up the strengths of each pretty well, I think, and also proved the Annina roomier than I thought, so waffle much appreciated.

Perhaps I need to re-think my strategy and plan to get both, in different colours, one for summer birthday and one as autumn investment, since neither is likely to be discontinuesd by then.

But which first and which will I choose for the non-tan one, as both look so great in that colour???

polyhymnia Fri 10-Jun-11 19:51:30

'discontinued'!

madammecholet Sat 11-Jun-11 09:38:14

LOL polyhymnia I love the way you are talking yourself into 2 bags. My kind of shopping...grin

polyhymnia Sat 11-Jun-11 11:32:04

Yes, not so good when I see my credit card statement, though - ideally, one of these would be a birthday gift from my DH, I think.

Any ideas about other good colours than tan in either bag??

Not a nude/pale pink Annina, delicious though they are, because want something more trans-seasonal to justify the price. And I'm a silver not a gold person.

I always used to have a 'good' black bag on the go for work but am a little bored by black, and no longer work in an office. Might consider navy - my trench is navy and don't like the idea of 'matching' - but could work.

Wonder if the 'grey' snake in the Annina would be versatile enough, so the Lucia could be tan? Though the Annina brown, which I saw yesterday, is a gorgeous rich colour ... Must try and see a snake (Annina, not a real snake) in RL, I think.

madammecholet Sat 11-Jun-11 12:53:48

If it was me, I'd get the Lucia in Navy or tan ...plus I would get the Annina in snake or tan - whichever combo of the two you are most swaying towards..so the question is once you have the tan one sorted do you prefer the snake Annina or Navy Lucia.......

confusedconfused

polyhymnia Sat 11-Jun-11 13:09:38

Do you have the navy Lucia, so can tell me what sort of navy it is (think you have the camel, tho')? Going to try to look at snake Annina in LKB this pm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: