Talk

Advanced search

Polo in Cardiff castle

(7 Posts)
Rexy Thu 09-Jun-11 21:50:34

Going to be on a corporate table.

Dress code is dress to impress.

I am a size 12 hr glass shape but what should I wear ?? Quite like a maxi but worried someone else may wear the same pattern.

Help pls!

Rexy Thu 09-Jun-11 22:39:41

Anyone -BUMP

worldgonecrazy Fri 10-Jun-11 08:03:14

When I'm going to an event such as this I just google like mad to get as many images as possible of previous events and have a good look at what other women are wearing.

If you're an hour glass shape I wouldn't hide it under a maxi. If you want to play it safe go for a nice wrap dress accessorised fabulously, or maybe a glamorous shift. In the hospitality photos in your link there's a lady in an orangey missoni-esque dress in the background of one of the pictures and I think she stands out as dressed nicely, whereas the picture of the three girls together looks like Aintree's finest.

milkybarkidsgirlfriend Fri 10-Jun-11 13:08:37

from looking at my friends piccies from last year, there were lot of very colourful maxi dresses!

worldgonecrazy Fri 10-Jun-11 13:39:40

milkybarkidsgirlfriend raises the point, do you want to where what everyone else is wearing or do you want to stand out?

WhatsWrongWithYou Fri 10-Jun-11 15:30:56

Fair point; I'd avoid a maxi like the plague. Have posted on other thread.

claire2manyshoos Fri 17-Jun-11 15:49:09

The polo event takes place on the castle lawn, so best to wear wedges. Stilettoes or kitten heels will be a lot more difficult to manage on the grass and the cobble stones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now