Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Has anyone had a pale leather bag?

(21 Posts)
PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 16:16:13

Did it look grubby after a bit despite spraying first?

I am tempted by this, in pink but not sure if it would look awful after a few weeks. In reality it is a nicer paler pink.

madammecholet Thu 09-Jun-11 16:20:12

I've got a pale camel bag, its fine, I use Collonil waterstop regularly and a leather cream now and again and it brings the colour back up beautifully. You'll be fine. Nice bag.smile

PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 16:38:41

Thanks Madam. I've just read the reviews on their website actually and someone said the pink got grubby sad

herecomesthsun Thu 09-Jun-11 16:56:40

I had a white Mandarina Duck bag - no longer white, I'm afraid.

PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 17:46:49

sad Herecomes

Vi8 Thu 09-Jun-11 18:00:41

yes, a lovely blue bag from Tula. It looked filthy two months later.

madammecholet Thu 09-Jun-11 18:02:17

Mudandmayhem I have the camel Lucia <i posted you the navy version yesterday> and its been fine colour wise. I've had an email today though and theyv'e launched a darker version if you were interested?

ednurse Thu 09-Jun-11 18:06:01

I have a gorgeous off white Marc Jacobs bag, now has a few grubby spots and some biro marks sad

Millie1 Thu 09-Jun-11 18:10:49

I've just bought a pale pink LkB bag ... It's still safe in it's dust bag and I'm already having second thoughts about taking it on holiday to get lugged through airports, chucked under the table in restaurants etc.

FriedaLivery Thu 09-Jun-11 18:11:09

its horrible

PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 18:24:18

I wasn't asking whether people liked it Frieda, I was asking if it was likely to get grubby.

PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 18:25:28

Stop tempting me with the Madam!!

PercyPigPie Thu 09-Jun-11 18:26:00

Oops, I meant 'stop tempting me with The Lucia Madam'.

madammecholet Thu 09-Jun-11 18:43:28

I prefer 'stop tempting me with the Madam' !!grin

PercyPigPie Fri 10-Jun-11 10:16:53

grin

susiefen Fri 10-Jun-11 10:25:29

I had a "winter white" bag from M&S and it's pretty grubby now. I wouldn't buy another one

kay1975 Fri 10-Jun-11 10:42:23

I've got 2 cream leather bags and both are still perfect! Shock, horror, gasp, I actually clean it when it gets dirty.

herecomesthsun Fri 10-Jun-11 11:18:18

Unfortunately I run around with pens all day at work, and I can't clean the biro marks off my white bag. Black ink doesn't show on my black bag.

I do note however that after DS managed to get gunk on one black bag, and I removed it with a wet wipe, that bag was never the same again. I must have taken ff some of the back dye.If anyone has advice re bag renvation, I'd be very grateful.

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 11:23:33

I have got pen out before now with hairspray on a cotton bud which you just gently press onto the ink and it draws it out. Careful not to overdo it though as you don't want to affect the colour, mine was a red bag and it was fine. I would also use a leather cream like Collonil and work it into the stain. Depends on how long its been there tbh though, also use a waterproof spray to help keep the muck away...smile

strictlysauvignon Fri 10-Jun-11 11:37:23

I have a cream Mariella bag and I treated it first with leather protector and then clean it regularly with Collonil gel and it looks great still - - although I am careful and don't leave it on floors etc. and hang it on chairs at work shock

BlooCowWonders Fri 10-Jun-11 14:11:56

I have a pale brown leather bag. Dd spilt at least half a pint of squash right inside...
I put it in a bowl of bio washing liquid and hung it up to drip dry outside, since it couldn't be ruined any more. It came out lovely smile Clean and fresh and no harder than before.

So, moral of the story - leather can be cleaned and look good afterwards.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: