Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Salon pedicure, how long do you expect it to last?

(5 Posts)
apple99 Thu 09-Jun-11 14:46:35

As the title ask's really, if you have a pedi at a salon how long do you expect it to last before you need to trim nails, re-apply polish etc?

MrsLevinson Thu 09-Jun-11 14:55:28

It depends how short you like your nails, if you wear socks (mine always chip quicker if I wear bare feet in pumps), but I would expect it to last between 1 and 2 weeks.

theladylovescupcakes Thu 09-Jun-11 14:57:04

I had feet done when I was on holiday in Abu Dhabi, and it lasted 5 weeks! Obviousy trimmed nails during that time, but polish was still fine at the tips, if a little gappy at the nail bed.

MissFoodie Thu 09-Jun-11 15:43:24

varnish - will depend on footwear, if you wear open shoes then at least 3 weeks, but there will be a gap where growth shows; obv varnish quality helps, I find Essie and OPI are the best for feet (I have gel on my hands)
nails- depends on how fast yours grow!
skin- depends on whether you use foot cream or not - i'm lazy about it, so they are lovely and soft the first week after the pedi but go downhill from there....!

PharoahNuff Thu 09-Jun-11 15:54:46

6 weeks mine did!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: