Talk

Advanced search

Would love to hear from anyone who's had LASER treatment...

(25 Posts)
Helltotheno Thu 09-Jun-11 13:57:07

... on the face, on brown spots say, or on red veins. What was the experience like and how expensive? Was the problem sorted in just one session?

Thanks in advance... smile

ZZMum Thu 09-Jun-11 14:11:17

oh me too - seriously considering it for my freckles that I really should now call age spots...

pollyblue Thu 09-Jun-11 14:36:14

I've had this on thread veins on my face. Some veins went after one treatment, some took a couple of goes, some refused to budge. A lot depends upon how big the veins are, how old they are and where they are - some areas of the face are very sensitive (eg tip of nose, upper lip) and you might find the "blast" required to make them go too painful.

I had three treatments and still have a few very stubborn old veins around my nose. I'l probably have another treatment in a month or two to see if they can be cleared.

You face can be red and sore for an hour or two after, you also might get tiny pale scabs forming over the next few days. The therapist I saw recommend treatments are space at least 4 weeks apart, to allow the skin to settle. Also be sure to use a good high factor sunblock on treated skin afterwards as it can be sensitive, and sunlight can cause small veins to appear if you're prone to them.

pollyblue Thu 09-Jun-11 14:39:41

Sorry, forgot to mention price - I had a free test patch session, then paid £45 for each 15 minute session, which was plenty of time to do all the veins, and about as long as i could have comfortably tolerated it. Does make your eyes water a bit......grin

Helltotheno Thu 09-Jun-11 17:05:24

Thanks for the info. 45 doesn't seem too bad if it works. I have one little age spot and it would never pass for a freckle, they just look different and not in a good way. So much for the factor 50 sad
Will give it go...

TattyDevine Thu 09-Jun-11 17:11:39

It bloody hurts. I had mine done, they came back, but I'm going back for more. I think its not so much that they came back but new ones surfaced because it comes in layers or some such.

The pain is tolerable mainly because its a split second. But it does make you jump a bit.

I've got a brown patch I want doing but its not quite brown enough apparently. So I'm trying to get my hands on some of that dogey cream that's banned here but available in the US. I think Michael Jackson had his lawyers pay off the FDA so they would allow its general sale. eBay won't let me bid on it though grrr. Its apparently the only one that actually works.

Deaddei Thu 09-Jun-11 18:17:15

I am starting a course on Monday as I have a few capillaries which annoy me.
I have had my legs/bikini lasered-well I'm half way through a course- and am very pleased with the results

Helltotheno Thu 09-Jun-11 19:05:15

TattyDevine when you say they came back, are you talking capillaries or those damned brown thingies?

Can't believe you were told your brown thing wasn't brown enough, I mean how does laser work?I thought its job was just to strip off the skin?

So what's the name of the dodgy cream then?
Anyone know any less dodgy cream that might do the job?

pinkhousesarebest Thu 09-Jun-11 19:52:03

I had my brown patch burnt off with, I guess, liquid nitrogen. It was unbelievably painful, took ages to heal, but did work. However, four years later, and despite factor 50 and big hat, it is coming back.

Helltotheno Thu 09-Jun-11 20:38:33

Awful that it came back pink - you could put up with the pain if you thought it was gone for good sad

I got some moles removed over a year ago (cut off and then one/two stitches). Was wondering if I could get the brown spot off the same way?

So does sunscreen work at all? Looks like the brown spots are inevitable, sunscreen or no sunscreen.

megagusset Thu 09-Jun-11 22:42:02

brown spots; feels like an elastic band pinging at your face, so tolerable but makes your eyes water! They bunged a cold pack on it immediately which helped the discomfort enormously. Area was red for a few days (v much lie a sunburn) then cleared. Can't rem costs!

ilovepesto Thu 09-Jun-11 22:50:47

Oooh.. I've had 4 sessions and my skin looks beautiful. Not only do I look fresh faced but it has also made my skin less saggy. I'm 40 and had major blotching on my cheeks as well as thread veins around my nose. The thread veins are still there and I'm not sure they'll ever go but my completion looks really clear. I paid £145 for a full face per session. It's hugely expensive but I love the results. I'd say it's worth paying for if you want to improve the skin texture and reduce the signs of aging. I highly recommend it. I also love Dermatogica Glyco cleanser. It burns a bit but the way it makes my skin feel afterwards is amazing. You absolutely need to stay out of the sun afterwards and thereafter and wear factor 50 sunscreen when you venture outside.

TattyDevine Thu 09-Jun-11 23:13:36

I meant my red veins, sorry, meant to clarify.

My brown spot - it wasn't that brown at the time but I have since caught some sun (despite SPF!!!) and it is browner, but now can't have it because I've got a tan. It basically zones in on pigment.

Yes, my veins came back, or in fact new ones surfaced, which is not unusual, but if you keep having it apparently they can get "them all" ...

Hell even if you had it once a year to top up that would be better than having them always and getting more, etc...

I paid £25 by the way grin so not too bad I've had more pricey bottles of wine grin (that's not how I got the red veins by the way, had them since I was about 12) <<defensive>>

Helltotheno Thu 09-Jun-11 23:24:32

lol at TattyDevine.. we all have big alco red noses!

ilovepesto do you mean they lasered all over your face or are you talking about another treatment?

Also do you mean Dermalogica Glyco Cleanser? Must give it a go...

Sounds like laser is worth it in general.

TattyDevine Thu 09-Jun-11 23:47:31

I reckon she means the Age Smart resurfacing cleanser (purple stripe on bottle)

I keep buying Dermologica and my husband keeps using it. He's all smooth and shiny like David Cameron (but hotter and not a Tory, well only a bit Tory)...

thomasbodley Fri 10-Jun-11 13:03:38

I keep buying Dermologica and my husband keeps using it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is it about Dermalogica and Kerastase? My husband does this too; was moaning about it to my best friend and turns out her husband is exactly the same.

Buy your own, you cheeky twats.

And NEVER cheek me about how much I spend on shampoo and facewash because you buy Head & Shoulders. You may buy it, but you're using something else!

Helltotheno Fri 10-Jun-11 13:33:04

My guess is with the Dermalogica, the packaging is kinda neutral/manly, y'know that bare grey font they use against the white.... it doesn't compromise their masculinity!

TattyDevine if it makes the hubby hotter, isn't that the upside?!?!

smilesandsun Fri 10-Jun-11 17:01:30

Hello,

So this is a very interesting thread. I have pinkish bits around my nose and also enlarged pores on either side of my nose. Will laser help with this?

I am booked in for some Botox, (preventing those crows feet from setting in to stay!, first time) and was going to ask them about it, i know he doesn't do laser but I don't know where to go to.

So long winded I know, but will it help and where do you go? I'm based in London

ilovepesto Fri 10-Jun-11 19:35:30

Evening all. Right, I've got the bottle in front of me. It's Dermaquest Skin Therapy, Glyco Creamy Cleanser. It's wonderful. I have IPL with collagen boosters, not many places do it. If you PM me I can tell you a local place that does it. It truly is wondrous and really does make me feel younger. smilesandsun, go for it with the botox. I've tried it once and had a headache for nearly 2 weeks. I loved it though and if I had the money I would go for it again. I think it's a great preventative measure but think once you start it's likely to be hard to stop. I'm a firm believer in looking after your skin. I think you'll all love the results of the IPL and collagen boosters (give it a google).

Deaddei Fri 10-Jun-11 21:04:49

Ilovepesto- that's what I'm starting next weeks- the I'll with collagen boosters.
Can't wait,

ilovepesto Fri 10-Jun-11 21:28:15

Deaddei - you will absolutely love the results. Let me know how you get on.

Deaddei Wed 15-Jun-11 21:55:29

Just had the first one today- certainly makes your eyes water a bit!
Skin looks amazing...I have another one in 2 weeks.

Deaddei Wed 15-Jun-11 21:58:12

Just had the first one today- certainly makes your eyes water a bit!
Skin looks amazing...I have another one in 2 weeks.
No redness, even straight after...I went on to get hair cut and there were no marks at all

smilesandsun Sun 26-Jun-11 08:46:04

I know this (IPL with collagen boosters) is an old thread but I need to know where can I get this done in central London or North London.

Hopefully someone can help...thanks!

mittenkitten Sun 26-Jun-11 18:34:34

bumping to find out about this IPL collagen booster dealio. Feeling blardy ancient today.

Also: collagen booster??? Is it a cream? Is it a pill? What, what? do tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now