Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Suitable?

(3 Posts)
meaniemo Thu 09-Jun-11 13:54:19

Hi,

I was looking for opinions on a dress. It's my DD end of year prize giving and speech day event looming and it's quite the event (for some). Think ascot without the hats, Dads in suites and ties etc. I always feel out of place (im a jeans and boots kind of person and haven't worn anything pastel since I was a toddler) as I don't really like flouncy dresses and such like.

Last year I wore a coast black and white stripe knee length affair which was ok and I teamed it with really nice high shoes. This year the hunt is on early as I've lost a fair bit of weight this year and want something that fits well.

I like this http://www.allsaints.com/women/dresses/tropic-dress/tropic-print/wdk121-2539

DP says it isn't a suitable colour for a daytime event. I say I don't care as I wear dark shades all year round.

What do you ladies say?

meaniemo Thu 09-Jun-11 13:54:49

sorry www.allsaints.com/women/dresses/tropic-dress/tropic-print/wdk121-2539

niminypiminy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:59:00

If you like it, why not? Personally I don't like it, though I bet a fair few will be along to say they do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: