Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Has anyone seen this dress in RL?

(9 Posts)
niminypiminy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:18:37

black and white one from Hobbs. I'm severely tempted as I like the boldness of the lines but on the other hand they don't have this at either my local Hobbs or Johnny Loulou's, and it's really expensive. You can't tell from a web site whether the fabric's really stiff and so on. I know you can return it but it's a lot of money to lay out in the first place. So if anybody's seen it and could say, for example, don't go near it it's really horrible, that would be marvellous.

girlscout Thu 09-Jun-11 13:38:18

shockshock
Are you kidding,its hideouseven in the 70's it was something to lay down and then run away,very fast.

northfieldsmum Thu 09-Jun-11 13:44:00

Agree with girlscout, it's horrible in a severe, weird 70's way

BunnyLebowski Thu 09-Jun-11 13:45:31

Eeegads that is one truly horrendous frock shock

melpomene Thu 09-Jun-11 13:45:33

Sorry, I don't like it either. And it's very expensive.

Marne Thu 09-Jun-11 13:45:55

I dont like it, the shape reminds me of a nurses outfit and its a bit to bold for me.

dottyaboutstripes Thu 09-Jun-11 13:46:53

It does look very much like the voluminous smocks my grandmother wore "because they were comfortable"
Sorry but a thumbs down here!

niminypiminy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:52:36

I don't mind <sticks hands in ears, sings lah lah lah> if no one likes it. I mean I often don't like things that other people like (anything with ditsy print, frills, sleeveless fitted shift dresses that you endlessly see people swooning over). I think the severity is what I like about it, but then I'm probably wierd myself! I think a lot depends on the material and how it hangs.

worldgonecrazy Thu 09-Jun-11 13:54:16

It looks a little bit dinner-lady to me. Sorry, I don't like it either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: