This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 13 messages.)
Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.
1. When they no longer feel supportive and look right under clothing in theory. In practice it is whenever I'm in Australia or the UK and can get a fitting.
2. When they start to smell funky, when the tube seems empty or when they are older than about a year even when I haven't finished them. TBH I'm quite ruthless (in relation to friends who have stuff for years and years) with my make-up bag and go through it every year and ditch stuff I've stopped wearing.
1. When they go grey, break or lose elasticity in the straps. 2. When it runs out. Isn't that obvious? I do wear it most days but if I had one for a long time and it hadn't dried up I'd have no problem using it. I stock up when Boots do their 3 for 2 offer on make up.
Bras- if a white one goes grey, if I need a particular colour. not very often. Got a couple of new ones last year, nothing yet this year. Mascara- when it runs out, maybe every six months or so. Usually the one in a pink tube with a green lid. maybe it's maybaline, or maybe not.
1. when they start to look a bit shabby, when there is a Triumph sale (only ones that seem to fit really well but can be £££ as I have to wear matching knickers) or when I am going to a special occasion and need a colour or style I don't already have.
2. when it starts to run out - probably every 4 months
Bras - either when they start losing their stretch and the straps get too loose, or when they no longer fit properly due to my fluctuating weight! Really need to get some new ones soon actually, this is a useful reminder.
Makeup, never because I don't wear any! I think you're supposed to throw away unused stuff after a few months for hygeine reasons though?
Bras I buy constantly because I love buying underwear. I probably have about ten 'favourites' in circulation ATM. Therefore they never seem to wear out. I do need quite a lot, in my defence, because my boobs change size quite drastically throughout the month....
Mascara is probably replaced every 3 months or so - about as long as it takes to go claggy, at which point I sling it.