Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about spray tans

(6 Posts)
leftblank Thu 09-Jun-11 12:35:28

I'm about to have my very first spray tan at 5pm today.

Yesterday i shaved all needed bits. Have not exfoliated and have nothing in to exfoliate. Moisturised all over last night.

Am very pale.

Do they do your face?

Any tips?!!

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:43:31

Yes they do your face (unless you don't want it done).

I wouldn't worry too much about exfoliation if you haven't done already - best done night before.

My tips are : moisturise your hands, knees, elbows and ankles/backs of ankles just before you go. Bring wet wipes to wipe off palms afterwards. Try not to wash hands for an hour or so afterwards (I always splash up my arms by accident). If you feel like it's going too dark after six or so hours, then shower. Varnish fingernails now, so they don't get stained. Wear loose clothing and flip-flops. Urm .... think that's all. Don't bend your elbows until it has dried!!

leftblank Thu 09-Jun-11 12:48:43

Thank you! Very helpful

Do you wash off your deoderant?

Going to do my nail varnish now!

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:54:05

Don't wear deodorant or you might get white circles around your armpits!! Best to shower, then moisturise just before leaving for salon, if you can. Also, pay particular attention to between your fingers - I always wipe btn them very thoroughly afterwards. Hands are the worst give away.

leftblank Thu 09-Jun-11 13:23:32

Ok brilliant smile Thank you

Hopefully my baby will have a sleep so I can get prepared! I'm actually looking forward to it. Hope it looks good!

glammapuss Thu 09-Jun-11 13:30:50

I had one last night and I love it, had them before and they always make me feel more confident and a bit thinner hmm

I have a friend who comes to the house to do it so I just put my pjs straight on after which is bliss because I try to avoid a bra until I wash it off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now