Talk

Advanced search

Please help me choose which dress

(8 Posts)
coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:27:09

This one:

www.isabellaoliver.com/womens-clothing/us/600/dresses/DR464.html

or this:

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Bestsellers/71GH5/Bex+Beads+Tunic+Dress.htm

Still trying to decide. I need something for an engagement party (winter). I am average height, size 8-10 and 30 yrs old, if that helps. I know I'll probably get a lot of ppl saying they hate both, but if you have a preference, I'd be really interested to know. TIA

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:28:17

i should add that I like the Bex dress in nocturnal.

Stokey38 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:38:41

I like the pink one, really pretty

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:46:07

Thanks stokey38 smile Not sure the pink would suit me though

suwoo Thu 09-Jun-11 12:51:25

The FC one definitely. The other looks like its from Primark.

<<disclaimer: I shop in Primark>>

Pinkjenny Thu 09-Jun-11 12:52:47

I love the Isabella Oliver one, but then I am very, very boring.

I think the FC one has been done now, tbh.

Owlingate Thu 09-Jun-11 12:53:00

I prefer the FC one by miles. Do you have good legs? I have a similar style dress and you need neat pins to look petite iykwim. I feel the IO one is unflattering even on the model. What about the blue by the way? Might be a bit different?

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 13:00:53

i have nothing against Primark smile but don't want to look tacktactular. Surely IO wouldn't look tacky?!!

My legs are okay, nothing fabulous, but would consider getting the FC one lengthened if it made my thighs look hefty!!

I have heard many people talk about the Bex dress online but have never seen it on in real life, which is interesting. I obviously hang around very unstylish ppl!!

My DH prefers the IO one, but only because it looks very fitted I think.

I don't really like IO customer service though ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now