Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Desperate! Need a top!

(3 Posts)
Chocchip88 Thu 09-Jun-11 08:58:43

I'm really hoping you wise style and beauty people can help me!
I have my first night out since I've had my baby coming up. I've always been big (size 18) but felt confident I could dress for my shape. I've always been lucky to have a fairly flat stomach but now after having the baby it's all wobbly and I have an attractive cesaerean overhang! I've also gained weight and think I'm a 20-22.
I have some nice jeans I can wear but am a bit stuck on tops, everything I try makes me look either pregnant or like my mum - or both.
I would be grateful for ANY advice!
Other information that might be useful - I'm early 30s, tall, big boobs.
Thanks in advance!

polyhymnia Thu 09-Jun-11 10:16:35

Have you looked at tunics to wear with jeans? Autograph usually have something, as do the famous/ infamous Boden. Both go up to 22. Even Style369 (a would-be trendier version of Evans, a brand I don't usually like) have some tunics - also some stripy tops.

Chocchip88 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:02:31

Thank you! Just had Boden catalogue through this morning so will have a look. Didn't think of Autograph and never heard of Style 369! Will
try some tunics....and eat less biscuits!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: