Talk

Advanced search

Laser Hair Removal

(4 Posts)
vanimal Thu 09-Jun-11 08:17:56

Hi, I am considering laser therapy to remove my upper lip hair. I don't have huge amounts, but usually get it threaded every couple of weeks, which is a PITA because (a) as I have to travel to get this done and (b) it hurts.

Has anyone tried the LHE (light heat energy) hair removal thingy? I think its a combination of laser heat and light, but I have not heard of it before. There is a bargain deal on GroupOn vouchers in my area (£99 instead of £270 for 6 sessions), but I am a bit of a chicken, and worried in case it leaves scars.

Has anyone tried it? Was it successful?

Many thanks in advance, any thoughts of experiences would be very much appreciated.

vanimal Thu 09-Jun-11 15:23:39

bump. anyone?

misstilly Thu 09-Jun-11 16:37:53

Hi, I am currently having laser removal under my arms and IPL (Intense pulsed light) treatment on my upper lip, as like you I used to get it threaded which is a PITA. The Laser treatment hurts, it feels like you are being burned but does not leave any scarring and painkillers before the treatment help. The IPL hardly hurts at all, it is a single shot of light, usually on around 3-4 areas of the lip. I have had no redness or side effects from this and it is over in around 5 minutes. The only downside to this is whilst having the treatment you cannot wax/thread the hair only shave it which I was a but put off by, but it is fine. I have had 3 sessions so far and have started to notice a difference. I assume the LHE is similar to the IPL, I also got my treatments through groupon and would definately do it again!

Hope this helps

vanimal Fri 10-Jun-11 20:44:50

Thanks misstilly, that does help! I have decided to take the plunge and have ordered the vouchers, I am going to give them a go.

I don't like the idea of not threading inbetween sessions, so I am going to maximise the savings offered by getting my legs lasered instead, as it won't matter too much if they are hairy in between sessions.

If this works, I'd be a bit happier to pay to get upper lip done later (or wait for more vouchers to come up). Quite excited about it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now