Talk

Advanced search

Phase 8 Janice dress

(14 Posts)
acatcalledbob Thu 09-Jun-11 02:45:49

It's in the sale in my size (I think) but can you tell me if it runs small or big? Also, it says above the knee but I've got no idea how far ... I'm about 5ft5 - would this be miles above the knee or just on the knee? Wish they'd show these on models or at least give some idea of length.....

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 09-Jun-11 09:48:16

can't say but marking my spot as i have just ordered this in a 10 and am hoping it won't be too short...

dottyaboutstripes Thu 09-Jun-11 09:59:21

I am 5ft 1 and it's just on my knee. I'd say it's fairly big but I think most people have said they sized up

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 09-Jun-11 10:10:38

Hmm that doesn't bode well for me, as I am 5'10....which means it will be 9 inches above my knee!!!

valiumbandwitch Thu 09-Jun-11 10:14:39

I don't think that is right whoneedssleep. You are nine inches taller than dotty. so even if 50% of your height difference is in your legs (as would be normal) then only the top half of your leg coutns right? so it'd be about 50% of 50% of 9 inches.

So between 2 and 2 and a half inches shorteer on YOU than it would be on dotty. Depending on both of your proportions.

This was a very nerdy post I know grin

Emo76 Thu 09-Jun-11 10:18:34

the navy one shrinks!

Flakes Thu 09-Jun-11 10:29:11

I have the striped one and definitely find it on the generous side. Don't size up!

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 09-Jun-11 10:37:57

Thanks Valium, and thanks Flakes sounds good!

Gillybobs Thu 09-Jun-11 11:36:43

Im 5 7 and the length was fine on me but the horizontal stripes across the arse were a disaster! Why did they do that? Lovely bias stripes at the front then unflattering straight across at the back : ( Gutted as its otherwise gorgeous

coffeenut Thu 09-Jun-11 12:35:26

I found this dress quite big and unflattering. I don't understand the hype!! but I hope it suits you better (for reference am 5'6 and a curvy size 8, as in have hips and D-cup chest). Perhaps because I have broad shoulders, the cap sleeves didn't work, unbalanced the whole look ... hmmm.

acatcalledbob Thu 09-Jun-11 16:03:02

Thanks all, think I'll leave it - not keen on horizontal stripes across bum....

StyleandBooty Thu 09-Jun-11 17:31:36

Lovely from the front, hidjus from the back in my experience ...

LTEC Thu 09-Jun-11 23:04:55

I am 5'10" and have the stripe and the navy.
Neither one massively short ( a few inches above the knee, I guess?) although yes, the navy does shrink.
I sized up in the navy (fabric quite fine and unforgiving) and stayed regular size in stripe (thicker, not as clingy on derriere wink)

TattyDevine Thu 09-Jun-11 23:09:56

Just to say, if you grab a dress from your wardrobe that is a good length, measure it, etc you can compare the "length" or "drop". Most websites generally provide these garment details. I think with me anything much less than 92cm leaves me a bit breezy in the ol' nethers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now