Talk

Advanced search

Jeans Nightmare

(4 Posts)
HonestyBox Wed 08-Jun-11 23:33:50

I have lost half a stone and went mooching in the shops thinking I would try some jeans as I haven't tried any on for an age. Now, I know jeans shopping can be depressing and you need to be on good form but I came away feeling like the world's most enormous woman. I tried on some Kirsten high waist jeans and some regular skinnies in topshop - had heard good things on here. Even at waist 34 (my waist now measures 27!) I couldn't get the damn things over my thighs. And when I did pull them almost up there was a massive, and I mean mahoosive, gape around the waist. I went to try some Levis curve id as I've also heard good things on here but they only had the demi-curve in, not the bold curve.

Have you got any advice on good brands to try? Lots of people must be in a similar position re. not having a teenage figure anymore. I don't want to wear granny jeans and I'm an okay weight - 10 stone and 5 ft 7in. Lots of weight on the butt and thighs it seems although I don't think I look too bad really. Last time I wore jeans I was 9 stone and constantly got told I was too skinny.

omydarlin Thu 09-Jun-11 00:01:06

I carry weight on my thighs and bottom and find new look ok...- have a try you cant go wrong for £10 also they don't seem to have that shortness between crotch and waist giving you a builders bum thing IYKWIM

5DollarShake Thu 09-Jun-11 02:23:52

I'm a stone heavier than you and a couple of inches taller. I have some dotty P skinnies and some H&M straight legs which fit well. My most comfortable and flattering pair are 7FAM Kimmies, straight leg. Shape-wise, my bum's OK and my thighs could stand to be slimmer.

littlemissboden Thu 09-Jun-11 06:13:29

Fat face do some great jeans,and I have thighs too!! Think they have £20 off denim at the moment too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now