Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Flattering jeans cut for the wide of hip?

(9 Posts)
AbsentMindedFriends Wed 08-Jun-11 21:49:58

I've been lurking on S&B for a while and have come to realize my boot flare jeans are deemed a fashion crime. I'm slim but have wide hips and a small waist- what would be my most flattering jeans cut? Any links greatly appreciated...Thanks!

notyummy Wed 08-Jun-11 22:05:33

How tall are you?

I am fairly slim but def a pear shape. I gave recently bought Top Shop Jessies. They are skinny flares and very flattering on. Very on trend too. Easier to wear if you are talk, but I know a petite lady on another thread who looks great in them!

AbsentMindedFriends Wed 08-Jun-11 22:15:54

Ooh thanks I'll take a look. I'm quite small at 5'5.

AbsentMindedFriends Thu 09-Jun-11 07:02:16

Bump

dexter73 Thu 09-Jun-11 07:13:27

I'm pear shaped too. I still wear bootcuts even though they are thought of as a fashion crime, but I also wear straight leg jeans too and they are very flattering. Try Levis curve id jeans as they are made for pear shapes.

rathlin Thu 09-Jun-11 08:44:30

I would stick to bootcut jeans - nothing sillier looking than a pear in skinnies. Just because "skinnies" are deemed the most fashionable at the moment doesn't mean they suit everyone. I speak as a confirmed bootcut wearing pear grin

BovrilonToast Thu 09-Jun-11 09:14:31

Try straight leg jeans. I can't wear skinnies unless I am wearing chunky boots - my arse is too big and needs the balance at the bottom of the leg

I wear different lengths depending on whether I'm wearing heels or not...

For me - boot cut = flats

Straight legs = heels.

I have Levi's curve id - they are really lovely...

woopsidaisy Thu 09-Jun-11 09:31:19

I am an hourglass,and recently bought these.
They are very comfy,and the high waist means no muffin top! I agree that bootcut or a flare at the bottom are best for your shape,whether it is "in" or not. You have to dress for your shape.

AbsentMindedFriends Thu 09-Jun-11 19:25:05

Thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: