Talk

Advanced search

Jo Malone fans

(12 Posts)
marthamydear Wed 08-Jun-11 21:04:59

I thought I'd share with you a lovely new perfume I bought today.

It's here : www.spacenk.co.uk/product/fragrance/new+in/zest+de+vigne+limited+edition.do

It smells lovely and fresh and when I had it on for 30 mins or so, It started to remind of Jo Malone's Lime Basil and Mandarin.

Here:
www.jomalone.co.uk/product/3580/10101/Fragrances/Colognes/Citrus/Lime-Basil-Mandarin/Lime-Basil-Mandarin/Cologne/index.tmpl

Thought you may be interested. It's £25 for 50mls - so cheaper too.

polyhymnia Wed 08-Jun-11 21:36:03

I must say, I'm definitely not a Jo Malone fan, but I do like Caudalie Fleur de Vigne - lovely and fresh. Reckon their products generally are pretty good.

Bohica Wed 08-Jun-11 21:44:18

I'm definitely am a Jo fan infact I have just bought some more shampoo, conditioner, body wash & lotion - lime, basil & mandarin. It smells so fresh.

Why don't you like it polly?

Thanks for the link.

rathlin Thu 09-Jun-11 08:42:18

Used to be a Jo fan until it finally hit me that the smell of the perfume does not last at all. Have bought several of them including the ubiquitous lime, basil & mandarin and the only time I smell it is when I spray it on. Absolute waste of money despite the pretty packaging.

woopsidaisy Thu 09-Jun-11 09:33:57

I love Jo Malone,but I must be the only person who doesn't like the Lime,Basil and Mandarin one.
My in-laws keep getting it for me and I have to pass it on to someone else!

polyhymnia Thu 09-Jun-11 10:13:41

I've never liked lime, basil, etc either - just doesn't smell good on me. Perfume is such a personal thing, both in terms of personal taste (like food) and how your individual skin reacts with a particular brand/ fragrance.

Did try other Jo Malone stuff back in the day when it was trendy - long time ago now. But always found it very one-dimensional and just over-rated. Now it's everywhere, doesn't even have the advantage of being unusual.

I only like very fresh, citrussy perfumes and love the subtlety of my favourite brands, Annick Goutal and Miller Harris. Both much better than JM, IMO - which is personal..

Do also like very simple, fresh smells - eg Clarins Eau Dynamisante, which I splash on first thing, and Sisley's Eau de Campagne. I'd put Caudalie's Eau de Vigne in that sort of category.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 09-Jun-11 10:36:40

I have Fleur de Vigne, and also use Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien and Eau du Sud. Creed's Eau de Cedrat is lovely too.

I did like JM, but agree with others that it doesn't last.

polyhymnia Thu 09-Jun-11 12:55:28

* MrsSch*, we're obviously on the same wavelength -my favourites are Eau d'Hadrien and Eau du Sud, too. Must try the Creed.

BrainThrustMastery Thu 09-Jun-11 13:28:15

While we're on the subject of Jo Malone, has anyone ever come across a perfume which smells like the Blue Agava and Cacao cologne? I love the smell but it fades so quickly and I am therefore loathe to splash out on it sad

chipstick10 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:53:19

How funny i was at Jo malone today. sales assist slathered my arms with lime basil and mand body oil, then put scent over the top because id told her the scent doesnt last for more than 20mins on me. I am looking for another citrus perfume that actually lasts.

I love the jasmine and mint but like everyone else it only lasts a couple of hours which makes it an expensive body spray.

marthamydear Thu 09-Jun-11 22:49:48

I find you can smell Jo Malone on others for longer than a few hours. My parents in law wear Jo Malone fragrances and I can always smell them long after their scent has been applied. Especially Lime, Basil and Mandarin.

I don't suppose that helps much if you can't smell it on yourself. What's the point!?

I have found the scent bought yesterday is much nicer than Lime, Basil and Mandarin - but it is similar (to my nose - but like you say - it's such a personal thing).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now