Talk

Advanced search

Your best tips for painting the toes?

(8 Posts)
iEmbarassedMyself Wed 08-Jun-11 18:36:03

It's been a good 20+ years, and I still cannot paint my toenails without also painting the toes, so I would love your best advice and tips.
I promise I will return to the thread and reply about how they've gone down wink

BettyBleu Wed 08-Jun-11 18:43:50

Try the drunken pedicure?

Nonie R. Creme, the manicurist to the stars who paints toes for the Jimmy Choo campaigns, advocates the “drunken pedicure”. She says: “Apply a base coat, paint nails without fretting too much about daubing the skin, add top coat and let dry overnight. Next morning, wipe Vaseline over your toes, clamber into the bath, and work around your nails with an old toothbrush. And, voila, impeccable feet.”

dexter73 Wed 08-Jun-11 19:05:43

I paint my toes and then afterwards clean up with a baby bud dipped in nail varnish remover.

Rassy Wed 08-Jun-11 19:17:01

DH paints my toes! Started when I was pregnant and couldn't reach them. Does a much better job than me! grin

iEmbarassedMyself Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:57

yy, DH paints my toes occasionally too grin it's either he does it or I have them done with my nails - but I'd really like to be able to do them myself without looking at them and wincing. I'm sure that it's contributing to my wrinkles.
I've tried to baby bud thing, but it doesn't get it all off, it leaves funny little marks that just refuse to budge iykwim.
Will try the 'drunken pedicure' tonight, thanks Betty smile

heleninahandcart Thu 09-Jun-11 00:30:24

I do a version of the drunken pedicure. Base coat, right up and over the edges, then the colour putting that too right up to the edges. Then I let it come off in water with a little bit of gentle rubbing. Best to leave it a good few hours before the water bit. Discovered it by accident grin

muddlinleigh Thu 09-Jun-11 07:14:05

I just splodge it on, any bits on the skin usually come off after a couple of showers.

makeitrealforme Thu 09-Jun-11 07:50:45

I use that "orange-color" thing (i don't know what's that called :D) before painting my nails, so it will look good and clean smile

-------------------------------
Please visit us:
www.femFAQs.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now