Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jumpsuits..... seriously?

(17 Posts)
GetDownYouWillFall Wed 08-Jun-11 16:07:34

is this not hideous?

Aworryingtrend Wed 08-Jun-11 16:09:32

I yearn to look good in jumpsuits. (ok, not that particular one...) I think you have to be a) uber thin b) over 5ft8 and c) have the balls to wear one.

I have none of the above.

memphis83 Wed 08-Jun-11 16:12:33

its not so much the print (which is quite bad) but the hareem pant that makes even the slimmest woman look like they have an elephant arse.

tulpe Wed 08-Jun-11 16:24:29

That is a really vile example of a jumpsuit. They can look very chic and stylish but they must be one colour only - strictly no prints. They must also be silk with a loose fit top half and a bum skimming trouser section rather than anything too baggy.

For example: by Edun

GetDownYouWillFall Wed 08-Jun-11 16:28:54

I think if they can't even make it look good on a 5'10'' slim, gorgeous model, any "normal" shaped woman like me is going to look frankly awful.

Bucharest Wed 08-Jun-11 16:29:55

I am aghast at the comeback of jumpsuits.

Just no.

On anybody.

Except a Tiny Tears dolly.

noddyholder Wed 08-Jun-11 16:30:39

I have a black strapless one years old but fitted at top and smart type trousers. Bought it in matalan one xmas and it looks very good on but I rarely wear it!

BulletWithAName Wed 08-Jun-11 16:31:13

They are hideous. Just hideous.

noddyholder Wed 08-Jun-11 16:34:19

left one is like mine feels a bit charlies angels but I like it. Dp strangely loves it!

GetDownYouWillFall Wed 08-Jun-11 16:34:25

Had to laugh at the "except on a Tiny Tears dolly" grin grin grin Yep, have to agree!

GetDownYouWillFall Wed 08-Jun-11 16:35:44

Your one is nice noddy I have to say. That 80's style disaster from Very though.... errr.... is not.

LindyHemming Wed 08-Jun-11 16:42:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NanAstley Wed 08-Jun-11 17:38:21

I don't like the floaty printed ones with harem pant bottoms. But the designer equivalent which is tailored and made of softer-yet-stiffer material do look good. Though they are perilously close to boiler-suit mechanic-chic which makes me wary of the whole idea!

TracyK Wed 08-Jun-11 17:57:47

I got a lovely one from Monsoon and while I'm a bit dubious about looking ridiculous in it - dh, mil, and bf all said it was lovely.

It is very flattering on (5' 10 but a hefty 16) - its the palazzo pants bit that makes me feel a bit of a tube!

But love that Outnet one Tulpe!

MrsMc82 Wed 08-Jun-11 19:26:44

I think they're hideous but keep looking at the cheap jersey boobtube/hareem pant ones and thinking the look sooooooooo comfy - have to keep having a stern word with myself as boob tube, hareem and jumpsuit are not words that should be allowed to describe a garment!!!!

lololizzy Wed 08-Jun-11 20:14:43

i think you have to be tall, and slim of bum/tum. I am tall-ish (5 ft 9) with very long legs and thought i could get away with it (size 14) but have a bit of a tum and mine adds about two stone to me :-((

NotSoFlamingJune Wed 08-Jun-11 20:26:58

They can look good if they are cut well, and not in a hideous print, but I wouldn't wear one because you have to practically strip to your skivvies every time you need a wee.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: