Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

May I recommend Babyliss Pro 230 Radiance hair straighteners (if you are looking!)

(12 Posts)
FrecklesAreOut Wed 08-Jun-11 14:15:57

OMG..
They are brill
Wide ceramic plates
Funcky red
They steam (if you want to use it) so don't get that obvious hair that has just been straightened dry look
Have little fins that comb as you straighten (if you want)
Het up to 230 in seconds
Come in cool red pouch with heat proof mat
and are currently on OFFER AT AMAZON from £99 down to £28!!!

Just as good as GHDs, but better because of the price!

Smum99 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:59:12

Have been looking for straighteners so will give these a go - nice price and reviews look good. Thanks

FrecklesAreOut Thu 09-Jun-11 19:55:52

Yes, it was the reviews that swung it for me.
Hope you like them - I live the steam option, makes big difference!

Winetimeisfinetime Fri 10-Jun-11 11:38:27

Thanks for that recommendation Freckles, I have just ordered them. Excellent price.

I already have some Babyliss Pro 230 straighteners, that are a few years old now, so know how good they are. I have also had GHDs and sent them back as I think that the Babyliss ones are better and a fraction of the price.

Thanks smile

saoirse86 Fri 10-Jun-11 16:18:06

How do these work on curly hair? Steam and curls sounds like a problem but I'm wondering if it does actually work. confused

Also have you got a link to them, I can't find them but am probably being an idiot! grin

FrecklesAreOut Fri 10-Jun-11 23:37:09

here they are

FrecklesAreOut Fri 10-Jun-11 23:39:24

The steam just gives a more shiny smooth finish if you use it. I have fragile hair so suits me.

You are welcome winetime

WhatWouldLeoDo Sat 11-Jun-11 08:04:04

Bargain! I have these already or I'd buy them again grin

I've got quite thick, curly hair and they work a treat. I haven't been using them long so haven't actually tried the steam function yet. I might have a go this weekend.

saoirse86 Sat 11-Jun-11 10:25:47

I've just ordered some, thank you Freckles! grin

Now I'll give my old GHD's to my mum and she'll be pleased too. Perfect!

FrecklesAreOut Sat 11-Jun-11 12:37:17

great saoirse86 - keeps everybody happy!

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 11-Jun-11 12:44:48

Oooo...I have an old bog standard pro230....

Worth upgrading?

DancingLola Sat 11-Jun-11 13:40:21

I've got these (got them in boots half price last year - wish I'd got them for £28!) and they are fantastic, easily as good as GHDs. I have very thick curly hair & they make it very straight but soft & natural looking. I love them, definitely recommend!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: