Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help - need some skin care advice for over 40 (43 and noticably dry skin lately)

(6 Posts)
hmc Wed 08-Jun-11 13:21:58

I've always just slapped on cheap moisturiser - Oil of Olay or similar. As I am now beginning to age I would like to slow down that process as much as possible and am prepared to devote a bit of time, effort and money to it but don't know where to start. What skin care products do I need?

cornsilks Wed 08-Jun-11 13:25:05

I've used loads of different products - my favourite at the moment is decleor. I like the neroli and iris oils, hydrafloral moisturiser and the excellence eye cream best.

applechutney Wed 08-Jun-11 13:31:49

Or try the cheap 'n cheerful approach - I use Boots 'Protect and Perfect' serum, and then their 'Lift and Luminate' moisturiser.

Works for me anyway. I'm 45 and my skin actually looks quite dewy and fresh, better than it looked 5 years ago.

hmc Wed 08-Jun-11 13:35:09

There is a confusing array of products out there! Liking the sound of dewy and fresh

hmc Thu 09-Jun-11 10:39:56

any other suggestions?

MissFoodie Thu 09-Jun-11 14:17:55

well, depends on your budget and philosophy - I only use products that do not contain mineral oils, parabens or silicones - some are expensive but there are some under £15; Am a great believer in face oils at night too,
if you're interested I write about it: www.yumetc.blogspot.com

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: