Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Gold sequin shorts!

(9 Posts)
monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 11:38:34

I have these gold sequin shorts which I am possibly going to wear with a cream blazer to a wedding. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I'm stuck for what shoes and top underneath. Am size 40 feet /12 clothes with long brown hair and a tan grin.

tulpe Wed 08-Jun-11 12:00:36

I would go for silk loose-fit tank in cream and nude shoes. Keeps it all understated and lets the shorts shine without becoming costume-like.

I love them and love that you are brave enough to wear them smile

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 12:03:39

Thanks Tulpe. Do you think nude heels (I have nude slingback peeptoes but don't feel right) or platforms? Silk tank was along the lines I was thinking. I have a Zara pale tan one that might work.

tulpe Wed 08-Jun-11 12:08:54

oh yes - tan/camel might be better than cream for the tank. It will balance out the gold tones and make them less stark.

How about tan shoes instead of nude? I'm not keen on platforms. Can you link to any ideas?

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 12:10:09

Will do. Just going to shred first! Thanks!

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 13:06:29

I have these from Zara which look a lot more luxe in rl and these from Reiss are on their way to me now. These from KG?

I was thinking something wedgy this these but think they'd make the outfit look very mismatched.

turdass Wed 08-Jun-11 14:17:18

I know it is not what you are asking but I say 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'

Sorry - I'll go away now ... grin

tulpe Wed 08-Jun-11 14:44:08

I like the Reiss ones. Not keen on the others and agree the second KG pair would look mis-matched. They don't look dressy enough.

Turdass - IKWYM but Monkeysmama is petite and gorgeous smile I also think that only someone who could seriously rock those shorts would even contemplate wearing them for a wedding wink

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 20:36:23

Thanks Tulpe grin - much appreciated. If the tan top doesn't work not sure what I'll go for. Cream tops are hard to find.

I'll try it all together tomorrow. It's an Italian wedding so as long as it sparkles it goes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: