Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Sack o'spuds to hot blonde for London day out?? Help!

(7 Posts)
twinmum79 Wed 08-Jun-11 11:37:47

Off to London in a couple of weeks to the Theatre (only a matinee) and I'd like to look a bit 'nicer' than my usual jeans/converse/dress/leggings/sandals look but appear to have lost my way when it comes to dressing like a grown up.
I'm 32, 5ft4, size 12ish, biggish boobs and need some help. Any takers??

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 14:15:04

a nice day dress maybe? this would look pretty and i think you could wear it again during the summer.

hth

twinmum79 Wed 08-Jun-11 17:23:34

Thanks, it's a pretty dress but maybe not quite me
xx

twinmum79 Wed 08-Jun-11 17:24:08

oops, didn't mean to bold 'me'

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 19:29:00

that's alright, if you give me a few ideas about what you'd like to wear, what you feel comfortable in, colours, etc, i'll try my best and give you some better ideas smile

celticlassie Wed 08-Jun-11 19:42:29

I love this.

Or this?

this?

this?

this?

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Wed 08-Jun-11 21:32:10

The first Warehouse one is lovely but no good for big boobs and the fabric is v thin irl.

The second one looks nice online but Warehouse jersey dresses are often VERY clingy and unflattering if you're not really slim.

If Phase Eight are still doing the Janice, that's quite flattering (although I've hardly worn mine as it feels a bit too dressy for day tbh).

This is absolutely beautiful irl - I plan to try it on v soon! You may need to size up to a 14 on past experience.

This looks nice - sexy but comfortable I think

Or, if you are rich, try an Anglomania jersey dress: you will be amazed at what it does to your curves! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: