Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone ever had microdermabrasion?

(3 Posts)
surfandturf Wed 08-Jun-11 11:37:29

I'm thinking about it.

I'm 35 (nearing 36) and my skin is looking a bit tired and sluggish. I also have quite large open pores on my cheeks

I've read that this treatment can help but just wondered if any of you lot would recommend it?

Thanks

wineisfine Wed 08-Jun-11 11:46:37

YES. But be careful.

'standard' micro can be really horrible - I had something called 3D mircodermabrasion once and looked like I had a terrible case of sunburn for a week afterwards - and developed lots of little bumps.

I have sensitive skin though.

For my money, crystal clear microdermabrasion (I have the full hour with the cooling mask), is incredible. My skin is large-pored, scaly yet oily and I get spots which leave marks for ages afterwards. Crystal clear sorts it out, skin looks so much better au naturel or under makeup, it's just amazing.

Before my wedding I had it every 2 weeks and WOW. Can't keep that up now but have a session once every 6-8 weeks when my skin is especially dull/flaky/marked, and it makes a huge difference.

Just had it done yesterday in fact and have been thinking how much better I look this morning!

surfandturf Wed 08-Jun-11 13:43:17

Thanks wine.
I've just checked and it is crystal clear so feel much better about it now! I don't know how may sessions I'll be able to finance but I think I'll give it a try and see how I get on.
Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: