Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

suntan lotion for faces

(23 Posts)
livvyliv Wed 08-Jun-11 10:20:58

I'm really becoming aware of the sun and ageing.Do you use a specific sunscreen on your face?I usually use a bog standard suntan lotion for the whole body but find them very greasy.Can anyone recommend one?Also,do you put it on after your normal moisturiser or just use sunscreen.?

tulpe Wed 08-Jun-11 12:05:54

For day to day wear, I use a tinted moisturiser by Chanel which contains spf50.

For the beach, I have just started using a different product for the face. Last week I tried the Soltan for face which is spf30. I was really pleased as I tend to get spotty with sunlotion too but this was great: no grease and no vile taste in the mouth (I always seem to get a "taste" of sunlotion when I apply it on my face confused ).

Buda Wed 08-Jun-11 12:08:48

La Roche Posay do one - factor 50. Highly recommended by dermatolagists.

aquavit Wed 08-Jun-11 12:24:44

I like Clarins, they sink in quickly and are nice and light. I usually use instead of normal moisturiser but sometimes on top; good either way.

ChateauMargot Wed 08-Jun-11 13:57:02

Heliocare (I think that's it) is good with acne-prone skin. SPF 50, and smells nice, too smile

DukesOfTripHazard Wed 08-Jun-11 14:04:03

Tried an Avene 50+ from boots last week. Good for sensitive skin, absorbs quickly.

FreeButtonBee Wed 08-Jun-11 14:24:18

I use SPF 15 everyday (Clarins Multi Active Lotion)

On hols, I use Clinque Sun protection SPF 30 or 40 (depending where I am going).

monkeysmama Wed 08-Jun-11 14:27:35

I bought the Elizabeth Arden 8 HR face cream with factor 50 SPF on flight to sun few weeks back. I love it and am still using now I am back. I tried SPF30 St Tropez one too with some fake tan in as my face is always a million times lighter than the rest of me but I wasn't keen.

anchovies Wed 08-Jun-11 14:31:46

I use ultrasun factor 30 on my face everyday in the summer. Non greasy, fine on my super-sensitive skin and lasts all day.

Rassy Wed 08-Jun-11 14:50:22

During the summer I either use Clinque City Block or the 8hr Soltan face cream SPF30. On holiday I use No 7 Anti-Dark Spot Facial Sun Protection SPF50+.

Does anyone find that Clinque City Block can make their make up 'bobble/peel'? confused

DukesOfTripHazard Wed 08-Jun-11 17:45:05

Rassy does it really stop dark spots? I am covered in the feckers.

Rassy Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:40

I haven't really noticed if it does or not! I only wear it on hols but I suppose if you wore it every day it would make a difference. I wanted the SPF50.

Deaddei Wed 08-Jun-11 19:21:35

I use Dermalogica olifree matte sunscreen- the only one that doesn't make me spotty.
I use a daily Dermalogica moisturiser factor 20 for most of the winter.

monkeysmama Thu 09-Jun-11 14:45:47

The Elizabeth Arden one stopped the dark marks I usually get, like the mask of pg.

dolceebanana Thu 09-Jun-11 20:56:40

I always use Clarins face (SPF 50) and body suncream ...it's excellent.

wendihouse22 Mon 13-Jun-11 15:40:18

La Roche Posay.....makes anything on top peel. In face, it was peeling AS I APPLIED IT!! Not happy!

OddBoots Mon 13-Jun-11 15:44:21

I use sunsense daily face SPF50+ and I love it, it's matt and I can put make-up on top and it's relatively inexpensive.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 13-Jun-11 15:48:07

>Does anyone find that Clinque City Block can make their make up 'bobble/peel'

No, that's what I've used for years (and I've got difficult skin). Its not really waterproof though, which I need for falling out of sailing dinghies - are any of the ones recommended so far good for watersports please?

wendihouse22 Mon 13-Jun-11 17:04:02

Where's the Sunsense from?

FaffTastic Mon 13-Jun-11 17:10:13

My normal moisturiser and foundation has SPF in it for day to day use. For holidays I wear piz buin F30 Radiant Face. 'tis very good and non greasy and not hard to rub in.

DoubleDegreeStudent Mon 13-Jun-11 17:21:10

Another vote for the Elizabeth Arden one.

OddBoots Mon 13-Jun-11 17:22:35

I get mine from amazon but other places do it too.

issynoko Mon 13-Jun-11 17:27:22

I have rosacea and need at least a 30+ between April and October. So very sensitive skin and also don't want too many chemicals (bar the sun screen essentials) so no parabens etc. Any like that? Last summer I had Jason organic one but local shop has stopped stocking it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: