Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I want to treat myself to a 'good' bag

(59 Posts)
Dancergirl Wed 08-Jun-11 09:30:59

Please help me find something. I want it to be tan so a good all year round colour with 2 long-ish shoulder straps. I really like the LK Bennett Annina but it looks like it's sold out in tan. That sort of size anyway, not too big.

Any ideas? Thanks.

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 11:24:21

I have this, long shoulder straps which are perfect and adjustable at the sides so you can make it bigger to fit all your crap in.

lucia

Love the LK bennet annina too....

Millie1 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:09:15

I got the Annina in the Rose colour on Saturday - it's actually a lovely wearable colour. Have you tried ordering via House of Fraser? I don't know whether they have any online but I definitely saw the Annina in tan in their Belfast store on Saturday. Might be worth a call if you really like it!

Ambernj1 Wed 08-Jun-11 12:31:09

Have you tried in store? I bought the gold Annina yesterday (oops) and they had the tan in store...

It is such a great bag, cannot recommend enough!

ThunderboltKid Wed 08-Jun-11 12:41:47

Damn I wish I had not clicked on this thread/that link. That bag is lovely and now I really want one!

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 14:29:15

Do you mean mine thunderboltkid?

Antidote Wed 08-Jun-11 14:30:14

Marking place, drooling gently....

HappyAsIAm Wed 08-Jun-11 14:31:18

The Lucia is absolutely gorgeous, and so practical too. I am desperate for one!!

Antidote Wed 08-Jun-11 14:32:48

This is my 'most wanted' at the moment

mimi

Antidote Wed 08-Jun-11 14:34:58

With one of these purses

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 14:35:32

Hee hee, just seen on their FB page that they are launching a new colour...a darker tan than mine...I likeygrin

new tan lucia

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 14:36:42

LOVE that purse antidote.....

Antidote Wed 08-Jun-11 14:41:29

It's very lovable.

I got my sister this one in green for christmas. I am wondering if I can persuade her to return the favour.

Dancergirl Wed 08-Jun-11 14:51:23

Didn't think to try their stores! Just phoned my local LK Bennett and they still have the Annina in all colours!

I also quite like this:

http://www.johnlewis.com/255336/Product.aspx

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 18:24:08

Well done Dancergirl!

whoneedssleepanyway Wed 08-Jun-11 18:27:02

Glad you found your bag Dancer Girl

Madammecholet please stop tantalising me with that bag, you posted it on another thread about a month ago...I WANT IT....but have so many handbags already and been spending like mad recently.

madammecholet Wed 08-Jun-11 18:29:27

whoneedssleepanyway sell all the others on ebay. Buy this one. It seriously rocks. grin

Dancergirl Fri 10-Jun-11 12:43:00

madammecholet - am now seriously considering the Lucia after all!

I may have asked you this before, but how big is it? I know the sizes are on the site but it's difficult to get an idea. I don't like really big bags, I prefer neat looking.

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 12:55:05

Excellent dancer - its actually been posted on a few threads on here now..its not just me that likes it!

Re the size it fits underneath your shoulder nicely, it sits against my side rather than bunched up under my armpit iykwim. It is not a big bag, ie, you'd never get an A4 folder in it. You'd get an A5 diary and a makeup bag, maybe a rolled up cardi at a push. Also, as the sides are adjustable if you need to carry more you can. It is a neat, it doesn't collapse when you put it down which some bags do and I hate that, it keeps its shape. It also has a board on the bottom so you don't get any sagging...again a pet hate!

Hope that helps...smile

Dancergirl Fri 10-Jun-11 13:51:57

That's really helpful madammecholet, and is the leather nice and soft?

I see they do free returns so I may just buy it and can try at home.....

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 16:22:07

Its buttery soft dancergirl and thick too with a slightly grainy appearance, which I love. Free returns are great too so worth a try imo..

Megatron Fri 10-Jun-11 18:55:32

I think madammecholet is getting commission from Peony and Moore for the Lucia bag grin. She made me buy it, it arrived this morning and it's the most gorgeous bag I've even had. It's soft and just gorgeous. I now want the tan one too so I better start saving.

Megatron Fri 10-Jun-11 18:55:47

*ever

Dancergirl Fri 10-Jun-11 20:09:29

What colour did you get megatron?

madammecholet Fri 10-Jun-11 23:05:37

Was I right or was I right megatrongrin...tis my fav bag atm... I like the commission idea though, I could take it in discounts!! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: