Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Just realised I have the same hairstyle as I had in 1986.

(9 Posts)
MarionCole Wed 08-Jun-11 08:32:24

Can anyone else claim that? And I'm wearing the same make up.

I have had a number of different styles in between.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 08-Jun-11 08:34:59

Not far off, in 1985 (just before my princess Di cut) I had the same style as I currently have but by 1986 I was big into my flick and hairspray

dexter73 Wed 08-Jun-11 08:35:22

Luckily I can say I don't otherwise I would be sporting a frizzy sort of mullet affair with lots of blue eyeliner!

valiumbandwitch Wed 08-Jun-11 08:37:24

I have the same hair style i had in 1982!! i was in the last year of primary school then and I had a fringe and long hair then. Same now. But now, it's straighter. It was so frizzly and thick in 1982, i think it's bad now if i don't blow dry it, jeez it was worse then. how i had the nerve to leave the house i don't know. i never gave my appearance a thought.

thank goodness in 1982 we had adamant, madness, bananarama to dance around to. not lady gaga, rhiana and shakira.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 08-Jun-11 08:37:38

Ah yes I went through an electric blue mascara phase around that time eek!

MarionCole Wed 08-Jun-11 11:57:37

I was a wannabe goth in 1986 - the furthest my parents/school would let me go was the black eyeliner. Hair back in a ponytail and a very straight fringe. God I looked good grin

Aworryingtrend Wed 08-Jun-11 16:17:05

If I had the same hairstyle as i had in 1986 it would be bunches, as I was 4! I'll get my coat...

Gillybobs Wed 08-Jun-11 16:21:41

I had a shoulder length perm with a straight, unpermed fringe : /

sue52 Wed 08-Jun-11 16:53:44

I have more or less the same cut (long and layered) but ghds make all the difference.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: