Talk

Advanced search

Please help me hide my post baby flab and look professional for a v important job interview

(6 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Tue 07-Jun-11 22:46:58

This is my first post in S&B so please be gentle!

Interview is at the end of June for a PR job in the public sector (management level).

I am 34, blonde bob, size 14/16. I had DC2 9 weeks ago and sometimes still get asked when my baby is due blush I have no idea how to dress for my new non shape.

Also, I am on mat leave and plan to drop another dress size before actually going back to work so I can't afford to invest too much.

Please help!

WaterfallCardi Tue 07-Jun-11 23:08:56

Get some killer shoes. A nice high (but walkable in) heel in a bright colour or a nude.

Black suit dress or wrap dress (forgiving) and a single breasted blazer.

Sharp hairdo and a manicure.

Some Spanx... and a smile grin

notyummy Wed 08-Jun-11 08:37:17

Good advice from Waterfall - invest in shoes as these can be worn in the long term. Wrap dress could also be wrapped tighter as you lose, so may be worth paying for a semi decent. Isabella Oliver? M and S, Next and Dotty Ps (all of which will have some people flinging up their arms in horror...) do cheap suits/jackets and could be worth checking out if you just want something for the short term.

Daenerys Wed 08-Jun-11 13:24:55

i'd get a high waisted pencil skirt - with a wide waisband - i found them very very forgiving and they look great on curvy women. wear it with a nice shirt and a blazer as Waterfall suggested.

NotAnotherNewNappy Wed 08-Jun-11 20:08:05

Thank you ladies. I am going shopping tomorrow so will let you know if I find anything that fits the brief.

NotAnotherNewNappy Fri 10-Jun-11 21:39:33

Shopping was a disaster. There is nothing so depressing as a seeing yourself under flourescent lights and from all angles when you've just given birth.

However, my mum has dug out a dark pink Hobbs Jackie O style suit (shift dress, neat little jacket) that fits me perfectly, I have some killer shoes from the last time I went back to work (black snakeskin pointed stilletoes) and I am going to treat myself to a nice handbag smile

Thanks for the inspiration, I'll be hunting down more wrap dresses and pencil skirts if I do get the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now