Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Find me an outfit for dinner on Saturday

(10 Posts)
messybessie Tue 07-Jun-11 21:42:59

I am going out with some of the school run mums on Saturday. They see me every day looking a bit scruffy and I would like to make the effort.

I am a size 16, 36 and every area is a problem (arms, arse, tummy, thighs, calves). I prefer dresses but these days have no suitable shoes either. They are all at least 5 years old and dainty heels.

I'm usually just wear white stuff tunics/dresses and leggings and am rubbish at shopping. I really don't know where to start.

Find me a lovely outfit please, with shoes, and maybe some accessories.

I know I should find a personal shopper but ideally I need to buy it online and have it delivered.

celticlassie Tue 07-Jun-11 21:58:04

I love this

With these.

Collision Tue 07-Jun-11 22:04:30

this whole outfit is lovely

Collision Tue 07-Jun-11 22:05:26

shoes

messybessie Tue 07-Jun-11 22:08:20

celtic, I love that dress but it's very short, and I was hoping not to have to wear jeans/leggings underneath.

I love those trousers but would worry I would bear a passing resemblance to Dumbo's mother.

messybessie Tue 07-Jun-11 22:08:42

but love both of the shoes

Collision Tue 07-Jun-11 22:15:29

unless you are 1 foot tall a size 16 is not mahooooosive!

grin

Collision Tue 07-Jun-11 22:17:12

I know you will say no but what about this whole outfit here Keep the jacket on and I think it would look lovely.

messybessie Tue 07-Jun-11 22:34:39

Ooh, I may have to track down a next and try it on though!

Do you think the trouser suit combo is more flattering that the maxi dress?

Trouble is, I always end up buying exactly the same shape of dress, and dismiss anything that doesn't look like it. I need to break out a bit!

Collision Fri 10-Jun-11 21:56:22

Did you find a NEXT?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: