Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do you think a Damsel in a Dress brand new dress will sell on ebay?

(32 Posts)
kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 13:53:05

I cant really see any others listed. I bought it in the sale but it doesnt fit me accross the bust, its lovely other than that. Too late to send it back as I went on holiday and they arent as generous as Boden with their returns policy!!

I dont know how to list it though. Its not a well known brand or, is it? Id never heard of it until I came on here! smile

irishqueen Tue 07-Jun-11 14:03:59

What size is it and style! I want one badly!!

irishqueen Tue 07-Jun-11 14:03:59

What size is it and style! I want one badly!!

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 14:44:25

I think its called fire cracker. The colours are fab. Oranges and greens. Its silk and almost kimono style. Have a look and see if you can find a picture of it.

Its a 16 but they come up small. More like a 14.

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 14:47:29

no its not firecracker!! damn I cant remember the name.

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 14:50:10

www.polyvore.com/damsel_in_dress_tate_silk/thing?id=22097892

TattyDevine Tue 07-Jun-11 15:01:46

List it on eBay - you can use that photo rather than taking one as its brand new with tags etc.

Its lovely

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 15:13:29

except I took it on holiday and pulled the price tag off, just left the string. Then I tried it on and realised it was too small!!

How should I headline it? Im not great at ebay. Ive just stupidly sold a Boden dress for £20 thats still in the catalogue for £79!1 I dont know whats wrong with me, I shouldve sent it back!!!

Do people generally search by the name of the company?

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 07-Jun-11 15:28:59

What people some time do is put X style dress so for example if you were selling a dress that looked like Karen Millen you could put Karen Millen style dress BNWT, and then it would come up when someone searched Karen Millen...not sure what style I would say it is similar to.

You can also list a Brand New Without Tags...

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 15:41:04

What if it is a very small 16, more like a 14? what size do you list it as?

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 07-Jun-11 16:27:41

I would list as size 14-16 and then say in the narrative that it says 16 on the tag but this is not true to size and it is a 14, you can even list the measurements if you want...

kitkatya Tue 07-Jun-11 16:54:38

Thanks. I just need to work out how to copy and paste a picture now!!

kitkatya Wed 08-Jun-11 00:10:45

Ive put it on but, Im not convinced about my listing. It hasnt got anyone watching it so far.

gregssausageroll Wed 08-Jun-11 07:15:55

post a link to it and we can suggest any amendments needed.

PharoahNuff Wed 08-Jun-11 07:17:00

ebay thread...by stealth

vg

whoneedssleepanyway Wed 08-Jun-11 08:00:47

I wouldn't worry. BTW a tip is to list for 10 days on a Thursday evening as that way you get two weekends in.

Good luck.

kitkatya Thu 09-Jun-11 12:14:38

I cant put a link on here incase I out myself to people I know!!

Im sure theres only a couple on there so it would come up in a search, its a Tate.

I think ebay is down to luck really. I just had a pied a terre pair of platform wedges on there and I got £6 on ebay. I never even wore them, couldnt walk in them in the end. sad

I dont want to make money on there but I dont like giving really good stuff away. Hence, the dress!!

tangerinajolie Thu 09-Jun-11 12:22:02

Omg! I really don't think you should have put it on for 99p!

As it's a lesser known brand, less people will look at it so if only 1 person bids they are going to get a steal of the century!

I think the golden rule for this kind of situation is to start the bid price at the lowest price you would be prepared to let it go for - don't assume it will get bid up.

Good luck.

kitkatya Thu 09-Jun-11 12:30:09

Flipping heck. Someone told me to always start at 99p. Crumbs, Ive done it again!!

whoneedssleepanyway Thu 09-Jun-11 12:57:17

you can make a change i think kitkatya after listing...

kitkatya Thu 09-Jun-11 14:46:09

I don't think you can once someone has put a bid in.

PharoahNuff Thu 09-Jun-11 15:09:10

it looks nice up there

FaffTastic Thu 09-Jun-11 15:52:48

If you have no bids on the dress end the listing now. You can then edit it and relist for a starting bid greater than 99p.

kitkatya Thu 09-Jun-11 16:37:45

Its had a bid. I struggled on how to list it as I knew it was a brand only people on here seemed to know!! smile

kitkatya Thu 09-Jun-11 16:48:13

Ive looked and all I can do is put in a sub-title. Would that help?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: