Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else think their shopping habits have become out of control since discovering S&B

(11 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Tue 07-Jun-11 11:43:08

mine have...seriously

i have just ordered that Phase 8 Janice dress following on from a thread on here..I DO NOT need another dress, DH is going to kill me.

other things have been morroccan hair oil, j brand, animal print scarf...

the list goes on...need to cut up my credit cards.

toastandmarmiterocks Tue 07-Jun-11 11:50:01

Oh yes me too! I ordered some boots last night from Debenhams, I'm not sure I even like them??

ZumbaRumba Tue 07-Jun-11 12:58:25

It's not so much MN as online shopping that has been a killer for me. I can spend a week's wage just idly arsing around on clothes websites of an evening. Shocking. Must stop NOW!

JustAnother Tue 07-Jun-11 12:59:47

my bathroom cupboard now contains more products than the entire House of Fraser's cosmetics dpt. :-(

WhereIsTheFire Tue 07-Jun-11 13:13:47

Not my shopping habits, but my level of envy has definitely risen. I see women out and about in lovely clothes and want them.

LindyHemming Tue 07-Jun-11 13:24:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NanAstley Tue 07-Jun-11 16:57:46

S&B threads link to such beautiful stuff, I can't help but covet them.

I don't spend any more than I used to before discovering MN, but I have become accustomed to better quality. So instead of buying 10 cheapo tops, I buy ONE good quality tee for the same amount. This lasts longer than the cheap stuff, and looks new a good year or two later!

I like what MN has done to my shopping habits smile

kerstina Tue 07-Jun-11 17:30:54

Yes I would not have fly sandals and boots, argan oil,moraccon hair oil,babyliss big hair if it were not for s & b !

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 07-Jun-11 17:39:42

Nope. I'm v sensible tbh. I shop carefully or in the sales and if I do spend 'a lot' of money (the most I've ever spent is 100 on a dress) it's only when I know I can afford it eg: if I've just taught an extra holiday class or something. But totally agree re the arsing around on clothes websites! smile

I also totally agree re: Nan - I don't buy a lot but what I DO buy, I generally buy to last.

And I would never have dreamed of shopping at Hobbs or Phase Eight if not for MN!

dexter73 Tue 07-Jun-11 18:03:47

My favourite things bought on the S&B recommendation are: moroccan oil, skinny cargoes, heattech tops, Soap & Glory stuff, Levis curve id jeans and I like the perfume ideas.

tulpe Tue 07-Jun-11 18:07:36

Generally it has been a good influence and encouraged me to buy less but pay more per item. I also think I impulse shop a lot less.

The only notable recent exception to this was my purchase of the H&M Swedish Hasbeens. I didn't need them nor did I like them once they arrived but got swept up in a frenzy of Hasbeen shopping on a thread on here blush. On the plus side, I was then able to ebay them for considerably more than they cost smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now