Talk

Advanced search

those mumsnettters who remove their pubic hair but have got a bit of a tummy .....

(9 Posts)
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 06-Jun-11 21:14:13

what do you use to remove your public hair?

it's just that i want to remove my public hair but i've got a bit of a sticky out tummy so wouldn't trust myself to shave it. Would a salon remove all of the hair?

What about a hair removing cream - do they really work?

BettyBleu Mon 06-Jun-11 21:21:54

grin public hair

A salon will wax it for you, how much they remove depends on what you book in for. Most now do anything from a basic bikini to a Hollywood.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 06-Jun-11 21:29:08

smile pubic, sorry

should i trim it first.

Isn't it embaressing having a stranger do it for you?

BettyBleu Mon 06-Jun-11 21:46:50

I would trim it myself, I wouldn't want the therapist to have to wield nail scissors there!

I would rather a stranger did my waxing than someone I knew! A therapist will have seen it all before anyway and should try to make you feel as relaxed as possible.

Collision Mon 06-Jun-11 21:51:10

I used Veet just last week before I went for a spray tan.

Worked a treat.

Too scared for a wax.

joinedtheclub Mon 06-Jun-11 22:53:40

Sit over a mirror, possibly a bit gruesome, or pervy??? But you won't miss any errant tufts of pube, plus you won't inadvertently hack at some tender bit of your overgrown lady garden smile Works for me...lovely

Meglet Mon 06-Jun-11 22:55:07

I sit over a mirror to do my brazillians. Very quick and painless (honest!) once you've had a bit of practice.

ohsolonely Mon 06-Jun-11 23:02:04

I cannot see my fanjo blush from above my tummy - only when I look in the mirror.

For this reason, I go and have a Brazillian wax (landing strip left) once every 7 to 10 weeks at a local salon. My line of thought was that it would be less embarrassing to have that done than have to go to a Dr or A&E if I accidently chemically burnt my fanjo with hair removal cream or snipped a bit of labia by mistake with the scissors!!!!!

I only started Brazillian waxing last year and only because it suddenly seems as if someone has been feeding my nether regions with weed and feed or something similar. The Brazillian seems to help keep it under control again. Hanging gardens of Babylon down there is not a good look in my opinion!!

The first time was cringey but the beauty therapist was very professional and was telling me all about her weekend. Now we chat about anything and everything whilst she waxes away down there.

Just remind yourself that a salon that does these kind of waxes probably sees lots of fanjos, tummies, thighs and wobbly bits.

craftynclothy Mon 06-Jun-11 23:14:17

I get it waxed at a salon cos I'm too incompetent to do it myself. I did trim it before the first time (with scissors, very carefully grin). Last time the person doing it waxed right up to my belly button blush. I'm not worried about her seeing my bits but I do wonder if she thinks I'm a hairy freak hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now