Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Proper gold nail varnish

(15 Posts)
BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 20:43:07

I saw a woman on t'bus today wearing PROPER gold nail polish, and if I can't get some I might actually die. It had the effect of actual solid polished metal - not the usual gold polish that just looks sort of grainy and pearlescent. Anyone got any idea where I can get some? I have a couple of parties coming up and it'd be just the thing!

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 20:45:19

NOT like this....

more like this!

DoFliesHaveKnees Mon 06-Jun-11 20:48:10

Was it Minx?

noddyholder Mon 06-Jun-11 20:48:44

Leighton Denny Golden Girl

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 20:51:08

yes yes like that flies!

thanks noddy, just googling...

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 20:52:34

the leighton one looks sort of grainy in the bottle...does it come up smooth (if you see what I mean!) on??

Spagbolagain Mon 06-Jun-11 20:58:23

I don't think you can get that effect from varnish, think it's either stick-ons or foils.
I don't see how you could do with varnish; to get a reflective, mirror-like surface wouldn't be possible with millions of particles of pigment, it needs a continuous surface, I don't think the physics could ever work. Have definitely seen stick on silver ones, not sure about gold

pettyprudence Mon 06-Jun-11 20:59:38

I think the stuff you're on about is actually a transfer that you have done at a salon - my hairdresser had it on her toes but I cant remember what she said it was called! Sorry, that's not very helpful but I think the point is that you can't buy it in a bottle.

TattyDevine Mon 06-Jun-11 21:01:13

Minx nails.

They don't last that well on fingers apparently but I had my silver ones on my toes for 7 and a half weeks before removing them.

Jellyboobs Mon 06-Jun-11 21:02:21

Now this is practically useless, but I have seen a board outside a shop in Manchester that shows these on toenails, but in silver. I think it might be a special treatment, maybe one for the manicurist?

pettyprudence Mon 06-Jun-11 21:04:37

out of stock but i think this is the stuff

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 21:06:25

Thanks so much all - I think you're right chaps, it looks like a salon affair ... sorry for hasty reply, just perving over Jason Isaacs on BBC2 grin

Hmmmm, I will just have to hope I have a solid gold reason to spend money on a posh manicure sometime...for now that Leighton Denny one's a good bet.

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 21:07:13

Ah! Thanks Petty - I'll keep my eye obn ASOS and see if it comes back in, though I'm almost certainly too cack-handed to do it meself...

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 06-Jun-11 21:17:14

yeah it's probably Minx, they are fabulous and last weeks on toenails.

Lasted one day on my fingernails though - can't understand that really.

BlooferLady Mon 06-Jun-11 21:42:47

FOUND THEM! Oh the power of MN. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: