Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What's it called?

(8 Posts)
sassyTHEFIRST Mon 06-Jun-11 18:57:54

The last time I had longish hair, I had a fab clip which was brilliant for when you twist it up and then clip a cheat's french pleat to the back of your head. It was like a giant clip with 2 thingummies you squeeze to open and close it.
I've found the old, not so good version in a drawer - but what made this one so cool was that it was slightly bent so stayed in better.

Am trying to search for a new one now that hair is mid-length again.Got it from Boots - no joy on their website. Now looking on ebay - but I just don't know what it would be called.

Can you help please?

GypsyMoth Mon 06-Jun-11 18:58:26

banana clip??

GypsyMoth Mon 06-Jun-11 18:59:01

no,maybe not....bulldog?

sassyTHEFIRST Mon 06-Jun-11 19:00:57

Not a bulldog - that's a hair clamp right?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Mon 06-Jun-11 19:07:29

A claw clip. I've got this one superdrug and it is pretty good despite not being curved.

Have got a smaller curved one from somewhere, can't remember where, almost certainly Boots, Superdrug or Sainsburys but it doesn't hold my hair quite so well because it is so thick now.

sassyTHEFIRST Mon 06-Jun-11 19:09:34

No , tis a Beak clip apparently? but with a curved beak iykwim. Hmmm. Sounding like a toucan now..

miche8 Mon 06-Jun-11 23:05:19

new look have them.

tulpe Tue 07-Jun-11 07:37:13

You mean the ones which are like a beak off one of these wading type birds? Long and slim with a slight curve? Boots have them. I wear one most days - a lovely silver coloured metal one which holds my hair in place perfectly and cost around a fiver.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: