Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

So, I bought a perfectly nice skirt for work...

(6 Posts)
Antidote Mon 06-Jun-11 18:12:30

Don't all shout at me, I know it is from Boden, but I like it and it will be good for work. It is the one with blue, green, pink and white leaves.

However, the green cardi I was hoping to wear with it is now 10 years old blush, the cream top I have is no longer fit for work, and my pink blouse no longer does up over the breastfeeding norkage.

Please can you wise ladies point me in the direction of a couple a things that might go with it so I can do a very focused run into the shops on friday.

Ideally I would like a fitted cardi (not navy but happy with other blues) and 1 or 2 smartish tops (hopefully ones that I could also wear with cream trousers & brown trousers)

If a pair of blue/navy summer shoes happened to be forthcoming I might be tempted.......

Antidote Mon 06-Jun-11 18:15:24

Forgot to add: I am a size 12-14, 5'9'', long body, flabby upper arms & a bit of residual tummy flab (but shredding like mad grin)

CliffTumble Mon 06-Jun-11 18:21:12

Zara does good cardies, and gap is good for plain tops

blossoming Mon 06-Jun-11 18:24:51

Links don't work for me from Oasis, but they have lots of little cardigans in different colours including one blue one that might go for £35.
Such a faff buying skirts, I've given up and just buying dresses.

Antidote Mon 06-Jun-11 19:18:01

Thank you both. I was not overwhelmed by the Gap stuff on line, but they are often much better in the flesh.

I shall add Oasis & Zara to the hit list. Might have a browse on line first.

I agree skirts are a faff, but they are more breast feeding friendly (I'll still be expressing once I'm back at work)

CliffTumble Mon 06-Jun-11 19:58:02

The gap stuff is very plain but the tops I have have been really good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: